Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RanBP2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RanBP2 antibody
See all RanBP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RanBP2
SpecificityDetects Ran binding protein 2 (RanBP 2) from human and bovine retina.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
- Bovine retinal extracts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2938 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemical staining of bovine retina results in cytoplasmic staining of cells within the inner nuclear layer as well as the ganglion cells.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 360 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 358 kDa).Can be blocked with RanBP2 peptide (ab4939).
Detects a band of approximately 360 kDa representing RanBP 2 from bovine retinal extracts.
FunctionE3 SUMO-protein ligase which facilitates SUMO1 and SUMO2 conjugation by UBE2I. Involved in transport factor (Ran-GTP, karyopherin)-mediated protein import via the F-G repeat-containing domain which acts as a docking site for substrates. Could also have isomerase or chaperone activity and may bind RNA or DNA. Component of the nuclear export pathway. Specific docking site for the nuclear export factor exportin-1.
PathwayProtein modification; protein sumoylation.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in RANBP2 are the cause of susceptibility to encephalopathy acute necrotizing type 1 (ANE1) [MIM:608033]. A rapidly progressive encephalopathy manifesting in susceptibile individuals with seizures and coma. It can occur within days in otherwise healthy children after common viral infections such as influenza and parainfluenza, without evidence of viral infection of the brain or inflammatory cell infiltration. Brain T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging reveals characteristic symmetric lesions present in the thalami, pons and brainstem.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PPIase cyclophilin-type domain.
Contains 4 RanBD1 domains.
Contains 8 RanBP2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 TPR repeat.
DomainContains F-X-F-G repeats.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated by PARK2, which leads to proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nuclear pore complex. Cytoplasmic filaments.
- Information by UniProt
- 358 kDa nucleoporin antibody
- ANE1 antibody
- E3 SUMO-protein ligase RanBP2 antibody
ab2938 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Li H et al. Nucleolar and spindle associated protein 1 promotes metastasis of cervical carcinoma cells by activating Wnt/ß-catenin signaling. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:33 (2019). PubMed: 30678687
- Saito A et al. Roles of Capsid-Interacting Host Factors in Multimodal Inhibition of HIV-1 by PF74. J Virol 90:5808-23 (2016). PubMed: 27076642
- Henning MS et al. In vivo functions of CPSF6 for HIV-1 as revealed by HIV-1 capsid evolution in HLA-B27-positive subjects. PLoS Pathog 10:e1003868 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24415937
- Ocwieja KE et al. HIV integration targeting: a pathway involving Transportin-3 and the nuclear pore protein RanBP2. PLoS Pathog 7:e1001313 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21423673
- Nagai M et al. Mice lacking Ran binding protein 1 are viable and show male infertility. FEBS Lett 585:791-6 (2011). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 21310149
- Zhang R et al. Perturbation of host nuclear membrane component RanBP2 impairs the nuclear import of human immunodeficiency virus -1 preintegration complex (DNA). PLoS One 5:e15620 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21179483
- Felix RS et al. SAGE analysis highlights the importance of p53csv, ddx5, mapkapk2 and ranbp2 to multiple myeloma tumorigenesis. Cancer Lett 278:41-8 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19171422
- Shitashige M et al. Regulation of Wnt signaling by the nuclear pore complex. Gastroenterology 134:1961-71, 1971.e1-4 (2008). PubMed: 18439914
- Jain P et al. Identification of human T cell leukemia virus type 1 tax amino acid signals and cellular factors involved in secretion of the viral oncoprotein. J Biol Chem 282:34581-93 (2007). Dot blot . PubMed: 17897946