Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RANTES
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RANTES antibody
See all RANTES primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RANTES
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Guinea pig, Rhesus monkey
- WB: U-87MG and THP-1 cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab189841 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 10 kDa.|
FunctionChemoattractant for blood monocytes, memory T-helper cells and eosinophils. Causes the release of histamine from basophils and activates eosinophils. Binds to CCR1, CCR3, CCR4 and CCR5. One of the major HIV-suppressive factors produced by CD8+ T-cells. Recombinant RANTES protein induces a dose-dependent inhibition of different strains of HIV-1, HIV-2, and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV). The processed form RANTES(3-68) acts as a natural chemotaxis inhibitor and is a more potent inhibitor of HIV-1-infection. The second processed form RANTES(4-68) exhibits reduced chemotactic and HIV-suppressive activity compared with RANTES(1-68) and RANTES(3-68) and is generated by an unidentified enzyme associated with monocytes and neutrophils.
Tissue specificityT-cell and macrophage specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed form RANTES(3-68) is produced by proteolytic cleavage, probably by DPP4, after secretion from peripheral blood leukocytes and cultured sarcoma cells.
The identity of the O-linked saccharides at Ser-27 and Ser-28 are not reported in PubMed:1380064. They are assigned by similarity.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta chemokine RANTES antibody
- Beta chemokine RANTES precursor antibody
- C C motif chemokine 5 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RANTES antibody (ab189841) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : U-87MG cell lysate
Lane 2 : THP-1 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 10 kDa
Exposure time: 5 seconds
Blocking buffer: 3% nonfat dry milk in TBST.
ab189841 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu F et al. Hyperoside inhibits proinflammatory cytokines in human lung epithelial cells infected with Mycoplasma pneumoniae. Mol Cell Biochem 453:179-186 (2019). PubMed: 30350306
- Nunes P et al. A Stillborn Multiple Organs' Investigation from a Maternal DENV-4 Infection: Histopathological and Inflammatory Mediators Characterization. Viruses 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30986974
- Ma W et al. Induction of chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 5 by Epstein-Barr virus infection enhances tumor angiogenesis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer Sci 109:1710-1722 (2018). PubMed: 29569795
- Lee JW et al. The HIV co-receptor CCR5 regulates osteoclast function. Nat Commun 8:2226 (2017). PubMed: 29263385