Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RANTES
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, Neutralising
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-RANTES antibody
See all RANTES primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RANTES
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hRANTES (human RANTES)
- WB: Recombinant human RANTES protein (ab9680).
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9679 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hRANTES (100.00 ng/ml), a concentration of 5.0 - 7.0 µg/ml of this antibody is required.|
FunctionChemoattractant for blood monocytes, memory T-helper cells and eosinophils. Causes the release of histamine from basophils and activates eosinophils. Binds to CCR1, CCR3, CCR4 and CCR5. One of the major HIV-suppressive factors produced by CD8+ T-cells. Recombinant RANTES protein induces a dose-dependent inhibition of different strains of HIV-1, HIV-2, and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV). The processed form RANTES(3-68) acts as a natural chemotaxis inhibitor and is a more potent inhibitor of HIV-1-infection. The second processed form RANTES(4-68) exhibits reduced chemotactic and HIV-suppressive activity compared with RANTES(1-68) and RANTES(3-68) and is generated by an unidentified enzyme associated with monocytes and neutrophils.
Tissue specificityT-cell and macrophage specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed form RANTES(3-68) is produced by proteolytic cleavage, probably by DPP4, after secretion from peripheral blood leukocytes and cultured sarcoma cells.
The identity of the O-linked saccharides at Ser-27 and Ser-28 are not reported in PubMed:1380064. They are assigned by similarity.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta chemokine RANTES antibody
- Beta chemokine RANTES precursor antibody
- C C motif chemokine 5 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9679 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Zlotkowska A & Andronowska A Variable chemokine expression in porcine trophoblasts and endometrium during the peri-implantation period. Theriogenology 131:16-27 (2019). PubMed: 30928625
- Jin S et al. Activation of cGMP/PKG/p65 signaling associated with PDE5-Is downregulates CCL5 secretion by CD8 + T cells in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate 79:909-919 (2019). PubMed: 30958912
- Xiang P et al. Infiltrating CD4+ T cells attenuate chemotherapy sensitivity in prostate cancer via CCL5 signaling. Prostate 79:1018-1031 (2019). PubMed: 31018021
- Dangaj D et al. Cooperation between Constitutive and Inducible Chemokines Enables T Cell Engraftment and Immune Attack in Solid Tumors. Cancer Cell 35:885-900.e10 (2019). PubMed: 31185212
- Sindhu S et al. Increased Adipose Tissue Expression of Interferon Regulatory Factor (IRF)-5 in Obesity: Association with Metabolic Inflammation. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31718015