Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1D2-1C64] to Rap1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Rap1 antibody [1D2-1C64]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1D2-1C64] to Rap1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Rap1 aa 1-184.
MREYKLVVLGSGGVGKSALTVQFVQGIFVEKYDPTIEDSYRKQVEVDCQQ CMLEILDTAGTEQFTAMRDLYMKNGQGFALVYSITAQSTFNDLQDLREQI LRVKDTEDVPMILVGNKCDLEDERVVGKEQGQNLARQWCNCAFLESSAKS KINVNEIFYDLVRQINRKTPVEKKKPKKKSCLLL
Database link: P62834
- HeLa, Hek293T, U2OS and mouse NIH 3T3 cell lysates, HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, 69% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab175329 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionInduces morphological reversion of a cell line transformed by a Ras oncogene. Counteracts the mitogenic function of Ras, at least partly because it can interact with Ras GAPs and RAF in a competitive manner.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ras family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- C21KG antibody
- G-22K antibody
- GTP-binding protein smg p21A antibody
All lanes : Anti-Rap1 antibody [1D2-1C64] (ab175329) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : U2OS cell lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-mouse IgG-HRP at 1/15000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of formalin-fixed permeabilized HeLa cells, labeling Rap1 (green, left panel) using ab175329 at a 1/100 dilution followed by DyLight 488-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody at a 1/400 dilution. Nuclei (blue) were stained with Hoechst 33342 dye (central panel).
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from mouse NIH 3T3 cells. The antigen-antibody complex was formed by incubating 750 µg of NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate with 2 µg of ab175329 overnight at 4°C. The immune-complex was then captured on 50 µl Protein A/G Plus Agarose, washes extensively and eluted in sample buffer. 1) 25 µg of NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate, as a control, and 2) eluted sample were resolved on a SDS PAGE gel. The membrane was probed with ab175329 at a 1/500 dilution. Chemiluminescent detection was perfomed.
ab175329 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ling X et al. TERT regulates telomere-related senescence and apoptosis through DNA damage response in male germ cells exposed to BPDE in vitro and to B[a]P in vivo. Environ Pollut 235:836-849 (2018). Mouse . PubMed: 29353801
- Ke CC et al. TBC1D21 Potentially Interacts with and Regulates Rap1 during Murine Spermatogenesis. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30360518
- Schmölders J et al. Comparative Proteomics of Purified Pathogen Vacuoles Correlates Intracellular Replication of Legionella pneumophila with the Small GTPase Ras-related protein 1 (Rap1). Mol Cell Proteomics 16:622-641 (2017). PubMed: 28183814