Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [Y135] to RAP1GAP
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-RAP1GAP antibody [Y135]
See all RAP1GAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y135] to RAP1GAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human RAP1GAP aa 600-700 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Jurkat cell lysate. IHC-P: Human stomach carcinoma.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 85-95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionGTPase activator for the nuclear Ras-related regulatory protein RAP-1A (KREV-1), converting it to the putatively inactive GDP-bound state.
Tissue specificitySignificant expression seen in the brain, kidney and pancreas. Abundant in the cerebral cortex and expressed at much lower levels in the spinal cord. Not detected in the lymphoid tissues.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 GoLoco domain.
Contains 1 Rap-GAP domain.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA0474 antibody
- Rap1 GTPase activating protein 1 antibody
- RAP1 GTPase activating protein antibody
Anti-RAP1GAP antibody [Y135] (ab32119) at 1/10000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size: 73 kDa
Observed band size: 85-95 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 200 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Ab32119, at a dilution of 1/100, staining RAP1GA1 in paraffin embedded human stomach carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32119 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Deng QF et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 mediates gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer through the EGFR/PI3K/AKT axis. J Cancer 11:3667-3674 (2020). PubMed: 32284763
- Xie B et al. PIAS1 protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by stimulating PPAR? SUMOylation. BMC Cell Biol 19:24 (2018). PubMed: 30419807