Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5315] to RAP80
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-RAP80 antibody [EPR5315]
See all RAP80 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5315] to RAP80
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human RAP80 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa, Human ovary cancer, 293T and HT-1080 cell lysates; Human testis tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124763 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Heat up to 98 degrees C, below boiling, and then let cool for 10-20 min.|
FunctionUbiquitin-binding protein that specifically recognizes and binds 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitin. Plays a central role in the BRCA1-A complex by specifically binding 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitinated histones H2A and H2AX at DNA lesions sites, leading to target the BRCA1-BARD1 heterodimer to sites of DNA damage at double-strand breaks (DSBs). The BRCA1-A complex also possesses deubiquitinase activity that specifically removes 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitin on histones H2A and H2AX. Also weakly binds monoubiquitin but with much less affinity than 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitin. May interact with monoubiquitinated histones H2A and H2B; the relevance of such results is however unclear in vivo. Does not bind Lys-48'-linked ubiquitin. May indirectly Act as a transcriptional repressor by inhibiting the interaction of NR6A1 with the corepressor NCOR1.
Tissue specificityExpressed in testis, ovary, thymus and heart. Expressed in germ cells of the testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RAP80 family.
Contains 2 UIM (ubiquitin-interacting motif) repeats.
DomainThe UIM-linker region between the 2 UIM repeats determines the selectivity for 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitin. The length of the linker is important. The linker reduces the flexibility between the UIM repeats and promotes high-affinity and linkage-selective interactions.
The Abraxas-interacting region (AIR) mediates the interaction with FAM175A/Abraxas.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Localizes at sites of DNA damage at double-strand breaks.
- Information by UniProt
- BRCA1-A complex subunit RAP80 antibody
- Nuclear zinc finger protein RAP80 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000161441 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RAP80 antibody [EPR5315] (ab124763) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human ovary cancer lysate
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 4 : HT-1080 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 80 kDa
ab124763, at 1/250, staining RAP80 in paraffin-embedded Human testis tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab124763 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Liu P et al. K63-linked polyubiquitin chains bind to DNA to facilitate DNA damage repair. Sci Signal 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29871913
- Renaud E et al. Impaired TIP60-mediated H4K16 acetylation accounts for the aberrant chromatin accumulation of 53BP1 and RAP80 in Fanconi anemia pathway-deficient cells. Nucleic Acids Res 44:648-56 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26446986
- Zhao MJ et al. Adenovirus-mediated downregulation of the ubiquitin ligase RNF8 sensitizes bladder cancer to radiotherapy. Oncotarget 7:8956-67 (2016). IF . PubMed: 26788910
- Yang Q et al. NRAGE is involved in homologous recombination repair to resist the DNA-damaging chemotherapy and composes a ternary complex with RNF8-BARD1 to promote cell survival in squamous esophageal tumorigenesis. Cell Death Differ 23:1406-16 (2016). PubMed: 27035619
- Hu B et al. HSCARG, a novel regulator of H2A ubiquitination by downregulating PRC1 ubiquitin E3 ligase activity, is essential for cell proliferation. Nucleic Acids Res 42:5582-93 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24711370
- Kakarougkas A et al. Co-operation of BRCA1 and POH1 relieves the barriers posed by 53BP1 and RAP80 to resection. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2013). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24013561