Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP536Y] to RASA1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-RASA1 antibody [EP536Y]
See all RASA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP536Y] to RASA1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human RASA1 aa 250-350 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary. From near the SH3 domain.
Database link: P20936
- WB: Rat brain tissue lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40677 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 96 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionInhibitory regulator of the Ras-cyclic AMP pathway. Stimulates the GTPase of normal but not oncogenic Ras p21.
Tissue specificityIn placental villi, detected only in the trophoblast layer (cytotrophoblast and syncytiotrophoblast). Not detected in stromal, endothelial or Hofbauer cells (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseNote=Mutations in the SH2 domain of RASA seem to be oncogenic and cause basal cell carcinomas.
Defects in RASA1 are the cause of capillary malformation-arteriovenous malformation (CMAVM) [MIM:608354]. CMAVM is a disorder characterized by atypical capillary malformations that are multiple, small, round to oval in shape and pinkish red in color. These capillary malformations are associated with either arteriovenous malformation, arteriovenous fistula, or Parkes Weber syndrome.
Defects in RASA1 are a cause of Parkes Weber syndrome (PKWS) [MIM:608355]. PKWS is a disorder characterized by a cutaneous flush with underlying multiple micro-arteriovenous fistulas, in association with soft tissue and skeletal hypertrophy of the affected limb.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 Ras-GAP domain.
Contains 2 SH2 domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
- CM AVM antibody
- CMAVM antibody
- DKFZp434N071 antibody
Anti-RASA1 antibody [EP536Y] (ab40677) at 1/2000 dilution + Rat brain lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 96 kDa
Observed band size: 140 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 55 kDa (possible cleavage fragment)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human ovary carcinoma using ab40677 diluted 1:50.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40677 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Jing L et al. MicroRNA-4530 suppresses cell proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting RASA1 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Mol Med Rep 19:3393-3402 (2019). PubMed: 30864691
- Kim DY et al. Colorectal cancer cells differentially impact migration and microRNA expression in endothelial cells. Oncol Lett 18:6361-6370 (2019). PubMed: 31814846
- Huang J et al. Co-expression and significance of Dok2 and Ras p21 protein activator 1 in breast cancer. Oncol Lett 14:5386-5392 (2017). PubMed: 29098030
- Teng HW et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B targets PITX1/p120RasGAP thus showing therapeutic potential in colorectal carcinoma. Sci Rep 6:35308 (2016). PubMed: 27752061
- Ying W et al. MicroRNA-223 is a crucial mediator of PPAR?-regulated alternative macrophage activation. J Clin Invest 125:4149-59 (2015). PubMed: 26436647
- Du C et al. Hypoxia-inducible MiR-182 promotes angiogenesis by targeting RASA1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 34:67 (2015). WB, IHC ; Human . PubMed: 26126858