Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.44 ng/ml
- Range: 0.195 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat Albumin ELISA Kit
See all Albumin kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 10.2%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Cell Lysate
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.44 ng/ml
Range0.195 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Rat Albumin in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Albumin in plasma, serum, cell culture supernatants, cell lysates and urine.
An Albumin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an Albumin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Albumin captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Rat Albumin Antibody 1 x 120µl Albumin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Albumin Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
- Albumin (32 AA)
ab108789 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Huang YS et al. Cordyceps cicadae Prevents Renal Tubular Epithelial Cell Apoptosis by Regulating the SIRT1/p53 Pathway in Hypertensive Renal Injury. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2020:7202519 (2020). PubMed: 32419819
- Feng Z et al. Adaptive Autophagy Offers Cardiorenal Protection in Rats with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Cardiol Res Pract 2020:7158975 (2020). PubMed: 32655948
- Wang F et al. COX-2-independent activation of renal (pro)renin receptor contributes to DOCA-salt hypertension in rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 319:F647-F653 (2020). PubMed: 32799674
- Chen W et al. Connective tissue growth factor in hepatocytes is elevated by carbon tetrachloride via STAT3 activation. Mol Med Rep 21:1390-1398 (2020). PubMed: 31922209
- Xia CH et al. Yiqihuoxue Formula Activates Autophagy and Offers Renoprotection in a Rat Model of Adenine-Induced Kidney Disease. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:3423981 (2019). PubMed: 31949466