Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 6.7 pg/ml
- Range: 0.008 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat ANP ELISA Kit (NPPA)
See all Natriuretic peptides A kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 10.1%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Tissue
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 6.7 pg/ml
Range0.008 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
Assay time5h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Pig
Abcam’s ANP (NPPA) Rat in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of ANP concentrations in cell culture supernatants, tissue-extract, serum and plasma.
An ANP specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an ANP specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of ANP captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 40X Biotinylated Rat ANP Antibody 1 x 150µl ANP Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit ANP Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
FunctionHormone playing a key role in cardiovascular homeostasis through regulation of natriuresis, diuresis, and vasodilation. Also plays a role in female pregnancy by promoting trophoblast invasion and spiral artery remodeling in uterus. Specifically binds and stimulates the cGMP production of the NPR1 receptor. Binds the clearance receptor NPR3.
Involvement in diseaseAtrial standstill 2
Atrial fibrillation, familial, 6
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the natriuretic peptide family.
modificationsCleaved by CORIN upon secretion to produce the functional hormone.
Atrial natriuretic factor: Cleaved by MME. The cleavage initiates degradation of the factor and thereby regulate its activity.
- Information by UniProt
ab108797 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chaumais MC et al. Additive protective effects of sacubitril/valsartan and bosentan on vascular remodelling in experimental pulmonary hypertension. Cardiovasc Res 117:1391-1401 (2021). PubMed: 32653925
- Benitez-Amaro A et al. Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 deficiency in cardiomyocytes reduces susceptibility to insulin resistance and obesity. Metabolism 106:154191 (2020). PubMed: 32112822
- Chhabra A et al. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is critical for suppression of cardiac hypertrophy by H2S. Cell Death Discov 4:6 (2018). PubMed: 29531803
- Nehra S et al. Nanocurcumin-pyrroloquinoline formulation prevents hypertrophy-induced pathological damage by relieving mitochondrial stress in cardiomyocytes under hypoxic conditions. Exp Mol Med 49:e404 (2017). PubMed: 29611541
- de Raaf MA et al. Tyrosine kinase inhibitor BIBF1000 does not hamper right ventricular pressure adaptation in rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 311:H604-12 (2016). PubMed: 27342880
- Powell M et al. Assessment of endothelial glycocalyx disruption in term parturients receiving a fluid bolus before spinal anesthesia: a prospective observational study. Int J Obstet Anesth 23:330-4 (2014). PubMed: 25201316
- Rössger K et al. Reward-based hypertension control by a synthetic brain-dopamine interface. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:18150-5 (2013). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 24127594