Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 40 pg/ml
- Range: 0.049 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat betaNGF ELISA Kit
See all Beta nerve growth factor kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 40 pg/ml
Range0.049 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 132.1 123% - 142% Serum 111.7 102% - 121% Plasma 97.02 70% - 126%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s betaNGF Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat betaNGF in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat betaNGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and betaNGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat betaNGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of betaNGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml betaNGF Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit betaNGF Standard Rat (recombinant) (lyophilized) 2 vials Biotinylated anti-Rat beta-NGF 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceNerve growth factor (NGF) is one of a family of neurotrophins that induce the survival and proliferation of neurons. In cell culture, NGF induces the formation of neurite projections and, in vivo, may stimulate the innervation of tissues. NGF plays a role in the repair, regeneration, and protection of neurons, and as such could serve as a therapeutic agent in neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's disease. NGF enhances survival, growth, neurotransmitter biosynthesis of sympathetic and sensory neurons; neurotrophic factor; cutaneous innervation; growth, differentiation and survival of B lymphocytes. It also has a possible role in allergy and tissue repair. NGF is found in the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid gland, testes, epididymis, vascular smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts, mast cells and eosinophils. NGF is upregulated by glutamate, vitamin D3, IL6, FGF basic, astrocyte specific IL1, TNF alpha, PDGF and TGF beta. It is downregulated by GABAergic neuronal activity, glucocorticoids and Schwann cell-specific TGF beta.
- Beta nerve growth factor
- Beta NGF
ab100757 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Hellenbrand DJ et al. Functional recovery after peripheral nerve injury via sustained growth factor delivery from mineral-coated microparticles. Neural Regen Res 16:871-877 (2021). PubMed: 33229722
- Das SR et al. Electrical Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells into Schwann-Cell-Like Phenotypes Using Inkjet-Printed Graphene Circuits. Adv Healthc Mater 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28218474
- Jiang YH et al. Cardiac Dysregulation and Myocardial Injury in a 6-Hydroxydopamine-Induced Rat Model of Sympathetic Denervation. PLoS One 10:e0133971 (2015). PubMed: 26230083
- Liu J et al. Contribution of nerve growth factor to upregulation of P2X3 expression in DRG neurons of rats with femoral artery occlusion. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1070-9 (2011). PubMed: 21642505