Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 25 pg/ml
- Range: 0.031 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat BNP 32 ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 10.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Tissue
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 25 pg/ml
Range0.031 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
Assay time5h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s BNP 32 Rat in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of BNP 32 in plasma, serum, tissue extract, and cell culture supernatants.
A BNP 32 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a BNP 32 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of BNP 32 captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
There is significant cross-reactivity between BNP32 and BNP45.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Rat BNP 32 Antibody 1 x 120µl BNP 32 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit BNP 32 Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
FunctionCardiac hormone which may function as a paracrine antifibrotic factor in the heart. Also plays a key role in cardiovascular homeostasis through natriuresis, diuresis, vasorelaxation, and inhibition of renin and aldosterone secretion. Specifically binds and stimulates the cGMP production of the NPR1 receptor. Binds the clearance receptor NPR3.
Tissue specificityBrain and also in atria, but at much lower levels than ANP.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the natriuretic peptide family.
- Information by UniProt
ab108815 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Horvath O et al. BGP-15 Protects against Heart Failure by Enhanced Mitochondrial Biogenesis and Decreased Fibrotic Remodelling in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2021:1250858 (2021). PubMed: 33564362
- Horvath O et al. Modulation of Mitochondrial Quality Control Processes by BGP-15 in Oxidative Stress Scenarios: From Cell Culture to Heart Failure. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2021:6643871 (2021). PubMed: 33728024
- Ploeg MC et al. Piezo1 Mechanosensitive Ion Channel Mediates Stretch-Induced Nppb Expression in Adult Rat Cardiac Fibroblasts. Cells 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34359915
- Paula SM et al. Exercise training restores the myogenic response in skeletal muscle resistance arteries and corrects peripheral oedema in rats with heart failure. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31050559
- Xie J et al. MicroRNA-146a improves sepsis-induced cardiomyopathy by regulating the TLR-4/NF-?B signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:779-785 (2019). PubMed: 31281454
- Du Y et al. Altered expression of PPAR-? and TRPC in neonatal rats with persistent pulmonary hypertension. Mol Med Rep 16:1117-1124 (2017). PubMed: 28627661
- Kumar V et al. Amalaki rasayana, a traditional Indian drug enhances cardiac mitochondrial and contractile functions and improves cardiac function in rats with hypertrophy. Sci Rep 7:8588 (2017). Sandwich ELISA . PubMed: 28819266
- Hajje G et al. Hypothyroidism and its rapid correction alter cardiac remodeling. PLoS One 9:e109753 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 25333636