Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/ml
- Range: 0.0313 ng/ml - 1 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat BNP 45 ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.1%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.03 ng/ml
Range0.031 ng/ml - 1 ng/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s BNP 45 rat in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of BNP 45 in plasma, serum, tissue extract, and cell culture supernatants.
A BNP 45 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a BNP 45 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of BNP 45 captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
There is significant cross-reactivity between BNP32 and BNP45.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 70X Biotinylated Rat BNP 45 Antibody 1 x 90µl BNP 45 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit BNP 45 Standard (Lyophilized) 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
FunctionCardiac hormone which may function as a paracrine antifibrotic factor in the heart. Also plays a key role in cardiovascular homeostasis through natriuresis, diuresis, vasorelaxation, and inhibition of renin and aldosterone secretion. Specifically binds and stimulates the cGMP production of the NPR1 receptor. Binds the clearance receptor NPR3.
Tissue specificityBrain and also in atria, but at much lower levels than ANP.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the natriuretic peptide family.
- Information by UniProt
ab108816 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Jiang Z et al. Cyclovirobuxine D protects against diabetic cardiomyopathy by activating Nrf2-mediated antioxidant responses. Sci Rep 10:6427 (2020). PubMed: 32286474
- Kräker K et al. Statins Reverse Postpartum Cardiovascular Dysfunction in a Rat Model of Preeclampsia. Hypertension 75:202-210 (2020). PubMed: 31786987
- Abdel-Latif GA et al. A novel protective role of sacubitril/valsartan in cyclophosphamide induced lung injury in rats: impact of miRNA-150-3p on NF-?B/MAPK signaling trajectories. Sci Rep 10:13045 (2020). PubMed: 32747644
- Shati AA & Dallak M Acylated Ghrelin Protects the Hearts of Rats from Doxorubicin-Induced Fas/FasL Apoptosis by Stimulating SERCA2a Mediated by Activation of PKA and Akt. Cardiovasc Toxicol 19:529-547 (2019). PubMed: 31093930
- Balint B et al. Left atrial microvascular endothelial dysfunction, myocardial inflammation and fibrosis after selective insular cortex ischemic stroke. Int J Cardiol 292:148-155 (2019). PubMed: 31196685