Product nameRat C Reactive Protein ELISA Kit (PTX1)
See all C Reactive Protein kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3.8% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.7 ng/ml
Range0.78 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
Assay time3h 30m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s C Reactive Protein (PTX1) Rat in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of C Reactive Protein in urine, plasma, serum, and cell culture supernatants.
A C Reactive Protein specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a C Reactive Protein specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of C Reactive Protein captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent M Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Rat C Reactive Protein Antibody 1 x 120µl C Reactive Protein Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit C Reactive Protein Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionDisplays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pentaxin family.
Contains 1 pentaxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Pentraxin 1, short
- C reactive protein
- C reactive protein pentraxin related
ab108827 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Héliès-Toussaint C et al. Opuntia cladode powders inhibit adipogenesis in 3?T3-F442A adipocytes and a high-fat-diet rat model by modifying metabolic parameters and favouring faecal fat excretion. BMC Complement Med Ther 20:33 (2020). PubMed: 32024512
- Naseroleslami M et al. Amniotic membrane mesenchymal stem cells labeled by iron oxide nanoparticles exert cardioprotective effects against isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial damage by targeting inflammatory MAPK/NF-?B pathway. Drug Deliv Transl Res N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32441012
- Cho KH et al. Blood Pressure Lowering Effect of Cuban Policosanol is Accompanied by Improvement of Hepatic Inflammation, Lipoprotein Profile, and HDL Quality in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Molecules 23:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29751583
- Qian X et al. Serum proteomic analysis of the anti-arthritic effects of sinomenine on rats with collagen-induced arthritis. Mol Med Rep 18:49-58 (2018). PubMed: 29749546
- Al-Rasheed NM et al. Simvastatin Ameliorates Diabetic Cardiomyopathy by Attenuating Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017:1092015 (2017). PubMed: 29138670
- Yu CO et al. The characterization of a full-thickness excision open foot wound model in n5-streptozotocin (STZ)-induced type 2 diabetic rats that mimics diabetic foot ulcer in terms of reduced blood circulation, higher C-reactive protein, elevated inflammation, and reduced cell proliferation. Exp Anim 66:259-269 (2017). PubMed: 28413186
- Yu CO et al. Low-Magnitude High-Frequency Vibration Accelerated the Foot Wound Healing of n5-streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats by Enhancing Glucose Transporter 4 and Blood Microcirculation. Sci Rep 7:11631 (2017). PubMed: 28912573
- Fuller EA et al. Neonatal immune activation depletes the ovarian follicle reserve and alters ovarian acute inflammatory mediators in neonatal rats. Biol Reprod 97:719-730 (2017). PubMed: 29040417
- Hajje G et al. Hypothyroidism and its rapid correction alter cardiac remodeling. PLoS One 9:e109753 (2014). PubMed: 25333636
- Xu J et al. Optimized rapeseed oils rich in endogenous micronutrients ameliorate risk factors of atherosclerosis in high fat diet fed rats. Lipids Health Dis 13:166 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 25358951