Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 17 pg/ml
- Range: 156.25 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat E-Cadherin ELISA Kit
See all E Cadherin kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 5 2.2% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 3 3.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range156.25 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Urine 107 101% - 113% Serum 116 111% - 119% Cit plasma 115 113% - 117% Fetal Bovine Serum 96 94% - 96% 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR 86 85% - 88% serum free media 96 95% - 98%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Does not react with: Goat, Cow, Pig
Rat E-Cadherin ELISA Kit (ab202413) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of E-Cadherin protein in cell culture supernatant, serum, urine, cit plasma, edta plasma, and hep plasma. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Rat E-Cadherin with 17 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
E-Cadherin is a member of the Cadherin family of calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins. E-Cadherin is a single-pass transmembrane protein on the plasma membrane. The extracellular portion contains 5 cadherin domains that bind calcium and form homodimeric interactions. E-Cadherin is involved in mechanisms regulating cell-cell adhesions, mobility and proliferation of epithelial cells.
PlatformPre-coated microplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Rat E-Cadherin Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Rat E-Cadherin Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 5BC 1 x 6ml Plate Seals 1 unit Rat E-Cadherin Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
RelevanceOne of the epithelial cell adhesion molecules, E Cadherin, plays an important role in the formation of cell-cell contacts in epithelia irrespective their origin form ecto-, meso- or endodermal tissue. This early adhesion event between epithelial cells is a prerequisite for the assembly of all elements of the junctional complex. Furthermore, E Cadherin plays a crucial role in the maintenance of the epithelial junctional complex and is as such an important molecule in maintaining epithelial integrity. Over 90% of the malignant tumors are carcimomas. One of the prerequisites for the release of carcinoma cells from the primary site might be a defect in intercellular adhesion mediated by the absence of E Cadherin expression. Therefore, the expression of E Cadherin might be an important parameter for the determination of the invasive potential of epithelial neoplasms, and for the transition of a benign to a malignant neoplasm.
- Arc 1
- Cadherin 1
- cadherin 1 type 1 E-cadherin
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
The concentrations of E-Cadherin were measured in duplicate and interpolated from the E-Cadherin standard curve and corrected for sample dilution. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean E-Cadherin concentration was determined to be 983.9 ng/mL in serum, 620.7 ng/mL in plasma (Citrate), and 1,771 ng/mL in urine.
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
ab202413 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yu W et al. Effect of the alteration of Tribbles homologue 3 expression on epithelial-mesenchymal transition of transforming growth factor ß1-induced mouse alveolar epithelial cells through the Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 21:615-622 (2020). PubMed: 31974597
- Dong R et al. IGF-1/IGF-1R blockade ameliorates diabetic kidney disease through normalizing Snail1 expression in a mouse model. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 317:E686-E698 (2019). PubMed: 31361542
- El-Wakeel SA et al. Anti-fibrotic impact of Carvedilol in a CCl-4 model of liver fibrosis via serum microRNA-200a/SMAD7 enhancement to bridle TGF-ß1/EMT track. Sci Rep 8:14327 (2018). PubMed: 30254303