Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IFN gamma ELISA Kit
See all Interferon gamma kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 19 365.1pg/ml 12.7 2.9% B 20 554.6pg/ml 16.4 3.4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 6 148.2pg/ml 6.6 4.5% B 6 560.7pg/ml 29.5 5.2%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Assay time3h 45m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s IFN gamma Rat in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IFN gamma in cell culture supernatants, buffered solutions and plasma.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IFN gamma has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IFN gamma concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IFN gamma are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IFN gamma present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant rat IFN gamma
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-IFN gamma Red 1 x 400µl 1 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml IFN gamma Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units IFN gamma Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
- IF 1
ab46107 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sun J et al. Cytoprotective effects of galacto-oligosaccharides on colon epithelial cells via up-regulating miR-19b. Life Sci 231:116589 (2019). PubMed: 31226416
- Chen YX et al. Artesunate exerts protective effects against ulcerative colitis via suppressing Toll-like receptor 4 and its downstream nuclear factor-?B signaling pathways. Mol Med Rep 20:1321-1332 (2019). PubMed: 31173225
- Eftekhar N et al. Immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects of hydro-ethanolic extract of Ocimum basilicum leaves and its effect on lung pathological changes in an ovalbumin-induced rat model of asthma. BMC Complement Altern Med 19:349 (2019). PubMed: 31801507
- Saad DY et al. Protective effects of sea cucumber (Holothuria atra) extract on testicular dysfunction induced by immune suppressant drugs in Wistar rats. Andrologia N/A:e13017 (2018). PubMed: 29687464
- Feng F et al. PVT1 regulates inflammation and cardiac function via the MAPK/NF-?B pathway in a sepsis model. Exp Ther Med 16:4471-4478 (2018). PubMed: 30546393
- Yang Y et al. The Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Guchangzhixie-Pill by Reducing Colonic EC Cell Hyperplasia and Serotonin Availability in an Ulcerative Colitis Rat Model. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:8547257 (2017). PubMed: 28845184
- Dolatabadi HRD et al. The Effects of Pentoxifylline on Serum Levels of Interleukin 10 and Interferon Gamma and Memory Function in Lipopolysaccharide-induced Inflammation in Rats. Adv Biomed Res 6:110 (2017). PubMed: 28904938
- Payghani C et al. The Effect of Levothyroxine on Serum Levels of Interleukin 10 and Interferon-gamma in Rat Model of Multiple Sclerosis. Adv Biomed Res 6:118 (2017). PubMed: 28989911