Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1.4192 ng/ml
- Range: 1 ng/ml - 32 ng/ml
- Sample type: Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IgE ELISA Kit
See all IgE kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10%
Sample typeSerum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range1 ng/ml - 32 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum > 85 % - %
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s IgE Rat ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the quantitative measurement of IgE in rat samples.
In this assay the IgE present in samples reacts with the anti-IgE antibodies which have been adsorbed to the surface of polystyrene microtitre wells. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, anti-IgE antibodies conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP) are added. These enzyme-labeled antibodies form complexes with the previously bound IgE. Following another washing step, the enzyme bound to the immunosorbent is assayed by the addition of a chromogenic substrate, 3,3’,5,5’-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB). The quantity of bound enzyme varies directly with the concentration of IgE in the sample tested; thus, the absorbance, at 450 nm, is a measure of the concentration of IgE in the test sample. The quantity of IgE in the test sample can be interpolated from the standard curve constructed from the standards, and corrected for sample dilution.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X HRP-conjugated anti-rat IgE antibody 1 x 150µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml 5X Diluent Concentrate 1 x 50ml Chromogen Substrate Solution 1 x 12ml Lyophilized Rat IgE Calibrator 1 vial Rat IgE ELISA Microplate 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
RelevanceIgE is the class of antibodies produced in the lungs, skin, and mucous membranes. It may protect against parasite invasion, but it is a major factor in allergic reactions. The antigen-specific IgE interacts with mast cells and eosinophils, triggers the release of histamine, leukotrienes and other substances that lead to the itching, sneezing and congestion of allergies - and the life threatening respiratory distress of asthma and anaphylactic shock.
- Ig epsilon chain C region
- immunoglobulin heavy constant epsilon
ab157736 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Lenz KM et al. Prenatal Allergen Exposure Perturbs Sexual Differentiation and Programs Lifelong Changes in Adult Social and Sexual Behavior. Sci Rep 9:4837 (2019). PubMed: 30886382
- Li X et al. The Protective Effect of a Topical Mucin Secretagogue on Ocular Surface Damage Induced by Airborne Carbon Black Exposure. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:255-264 (2019). PubMed: 30649152
- Eftekhar N et al. Immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects of hydro-ethanolic extract of Ocimum basilicum leaves and its effect on lung pathological changes in an ovalbumin-induced rat model of asthma. BMC Complement Altern Med 19:349 (2019). PubMed: 31801507
- Zhang XY et al. GAS5 promotes airway smooth muscle cell proliferation in asthma via controlling miR-10a/BDNF signaling pathway. Life Sci 212:93-101 (2018). PubMed: 30189218
- Wills PJ et al. Population Explosions of Tiger Moth Lead to Lepidopterism Mimicking Infectious Fever Outbreaks. PLoS One 11:e0152787 (2016). PubMed: 27073878
- Eom Y et al. The Effect of Ambient Titanium Dioxide Microparticle Exposure to the Ocular Surface on the Expression of Inflammatory Cytokines in the Eye and Cervical Lymph Nodes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 57:6580-6590 (2016). PubMed: 27918832
- Seiffert J et al. Pulmonary toxicity of instilled silver nanoparticles: influence of size, coating and rat strain. PLoS One 10:e0119726 (2015). Rat . PubMed: 25747867