Product nameRat IgG2a, kappa monoclonal [RTK2758] - Isotype Control
See all Rat isotype controls
Conjugation notesPlease note that this antibody is unconjugated.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Trinitrophenol + KLH
ab18450 RTK2758 immunoglobulin reacts with KLH. The RTK2758 immunoglobulin was chosen as an isotype control after screening on a variety of resting, activated, live, and fixed mouse and human tissues. RTK2758 immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched control in Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemical staining, bioassay and immunofluorescent staining (surface or intracellular) for flow cytometric analysis.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
0.2 µm filter sterilized
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe immunoglobulin was purified by affinity chromatography.
Isotype control notesab18450 RTK2758 immunoglobulin reacts with KLH. The RTK2758 immunoglobulin was chosen as an isotype control after screening on a variety of resting, activated, live, and fixed mouse and human tissues. RTK2758 immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched control in Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemical staining, bioassay and immunofluorescent staining (surface or intracellular) for flow cytometric analysis.
Light chain typekappa
- Rat Isotype Control
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18450 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab18450 is a negative isotype control.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab53358 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53358, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rat IgG (H+L) (ab98386) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rat IgG2a, kappa monoclonal [aRTK2758] (ab18450, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab18450 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Shi Q et al. The identification of the ATR inhibitor VE-822 as a therapeutic strategy for enhancing cisplatin chemosensitivity in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Lett 432:56-68 (2018). PubMed: 29890208
- Chang TZ et al. Effects of ovalbumin protein nanoparticle vaccine size and coating on dendritic cell processing. Biomater Sci 5:223-233 (2017). PubMed: 27918020
- Daschkey S et al. MicroRNAs distinguish cytogenetic subgroups in pediatric AML and contribute to complex regulatory networks in AML-relevant pathways. PLoS One 8:e56334 (2013). IP . PubMed: 23418555
- Doi T et al. IgA plasma cells express the negative regulatory co-stimulatory molecule programmed cell death 1 ligand and have a potential tolerogenic role in the intestine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:918-23 (2012). Blocking . PubMed: 22906740
- Hausmann M et al. BCL-2 Modifying Factor (BMF) Is a Central Regulator of Anoikis in Human Intestinal Epithelial Cells. J Biol Chem 286:26533-40 (2011). PubMed: 21673109
- Coughlan L et al. In vivo retargeting of adenovirus type 5 to alphavbeta6 integrin results in reduced hepatotoxicity and improved tumor uptake following systemic delivery. J Virol 83:6416-28 (2009). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 19369326