Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 15 pg/ml
- Range: 11 pg/ml - 8000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IL-1 alpha ELISA Kit
See all IL-1 alpha kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
Range11 pg/ml - 8000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 87.48 76% - 95% Serum 79.95 69% - 88% Plasma 75.73 68% - 84%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s IL-1 alpha Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat IL-1 alpha in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for IL-1 alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL- 1 alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat IL-1 alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-1 alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Rat IL-1 alpha 2 vials IL-1 alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant rat IL-1 alpha Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceIL-1 alpha is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family. It is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in various immune responses, inflammatory processes, and hematopoiesis. IL-1 alpha is produced by monocytes and macrophages as a proprotein, which is proteolytically processed and released in response to cell injury, and thus induces apoptosis. This gene and eight other interleukin 1 family genes form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 2. It has been suggested that the polymorphism of these genes is associated with rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Hematopoietin 1
- IL 1
- IL 1 alpha
ab113350 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Monteiro S et al. Differential inflammasome activation predisposes to acute-on-chronic liver failure in human and experimental cirrhosis with and without previous decompensation. Gut 70:379-387 (2021). PubMed: 32241903
- Jang KW et al. MR-guided pulsed focused ultrasound improves mesenchymal stromal cell homing to the myocardium. J Cell Mol Med 24:13278-13288 (2020). PubMed: 33067927
- Zhang X et al. Risk of radiation-induced pneumonitis after helical and static-port tomotherapy in lung cancer patients and experimental rats. Radiat Oncol 10:195 (2015). PubMed: 26382926