Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 80 pg/ml
- Range: 68.59 pg/ml - 50000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IL-1 beta ELISA Kit
See all IL-1 beta kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 80 pg/ml
Range68.59 pg/ml - 50000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 92.89 81% - 109% Serum 107.2 95% - 115% Plasma 97.55 89% - 108%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s IL-1 beta Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) Kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of rat IL-1 beta in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for IL-1 beta coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL- 1 beta present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-rat IL-1 beta antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and colour develops in proportion to the amount of IL-1 beta bound. The Stop Solution changes the colour from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the colour is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-rat IL-1 beta 2 vials IL-1 beta Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant rat IL-1 beta Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionPotent proinflammatory cytokine. Initially discovered as the major endogenous pyrogen, induces prostaglandin synthesis, neutrophil influx and activation, T-cell activation and cytokine production, B-cell activation and antibody production, and fibroblast proliferation and collagen production. Promotes Th17 differentiation of T-cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in activated monocytes/macrophages (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
modificationsActivation of the IL1B precursor involves a CASP1-catalyzed proteolytic cleavage. Processing and secretion are temporarily associated.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytosol. Lysosome. Secreted, exosome. Cytoplasmic vesicle, autophagosome. Secreted. The precursor is cytosolic. In response to inflammasome-activating signals, such as ATP for NLRP3 inflammasome or bacterial flagellin for NLRC4 inflammasome, cleaved and secreted. IL1B lacks any known signal sequence and the pathway(s) of its secretion is(are) not yet fully understood (PubMed:24201029). On the basis of experimental results, several unconventional secretion mechanisms have been proposed. 1. Secretion via secretory lysosomes: a fraction of CASP1 and IL1B precursor may be incorporated, by a yet undefined mechanism, into secretory lysosomes that undergo Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis with release of mature IL1B (PubMed:15192144). 2. Secretory autophagy: IL1B-containing autophagosomes may fuse with endosomes or multivesicular bodies (MVBs) and then merge with the plasma membrane releasing soluble IL1B or IL1B-containing exosomes (PubMed:24201029). However, autophagy impacts IL1B production at several levels and its role in secretion is still controversial. 3. Secretion via exosomes: ATP-activation of P2RX7 leads to the formation of MVBs containing exosomes with entrapped IL1B, CASP1 and other inflammasome components. These MVBs undergo exocytosis with the release of exosomes. The release of soluble IL1B occurs after the lysis of exosome membranes (By similarity). 4. Secretion by microvesicle shedding: activation of the ATP receptor P2RX7 may induce an immediate shedding of membrane-derived microvesicles containing IL1B and possibly inflammasome components. The cytokine is then released in the extracellular compartment after microvesicle lysis (PubMed:11728343). 5. Release by translocation through permeabilized plasma membrane. This may occur in cells undergoing pyroptosis due to sustained activation of the inflammasome (By similarity). These mechanisms may not be not mutually exclusive.
- Information by UniProt
- IFN beta inducing factor
ab100767 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Eid RA et al. Exendin-4 Ameliorates Cardiac Remodeling in Experimentally Induced Myocardial Infarction in Rats by Inhibiting PARP1/NF-?B Axis in A SIRT1-Dependent Mechanism. Cardiovasc Toxicol 20:401-418 (2020). PubMed: 32193876
- Kuwar R et al. A novel small molecular NLRP3 inflammasome inhibitor alleviates neuroinflammatory response following traumatic brain injury. J Neuroinflammation 16:81 (2019). PubMed: 30975164
- Sha H et al. Rheinic acid ameliorates radiation-induced acute enteritis in rats through PPAR-?/NF-?B. Genes Genomics N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31037524
- Shatoor AS & Al Humayed S The Protective Effect of Crataegus aronia Against High-Fat Diet-Induced Vascular Inflammation in Rats Entails Inhibition of the NLRP-3 Inflammasome Pathway. Cardiovasc Toxicol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31183600
- Liu KH et al. Spleen Tyrosine Kinase (SYK) in the Progression of Peritoneal Fibrosis Through Activation of the TGF-ß1/Smad3 Signaling Pathway. Med Sci Monit 25:9346-9356 (2019). PubMed: 31812978
- Achi SC et al. Prophylactic effects of probiotic Bifidobacterium spp. in the resolution of inflammation in arthritic rats. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 103:6287-6296 (2019). PubMed: 31168650
- Jiang P et al. Astragaloside IV Prevents Obesity-Associated Hypertension by Improving Pro-Inflammatory Reaction and Leptin Resistance. Mol Cells 41:244-255 (2018). PubMed: 29562733
- Ho D et al. Maternal-placental-fetal biodistribution of multimodal polymeric nanoparticles in a pregnant rat model in mid and late gestation. Sci Rep 7:2866 (2017). PubMed: 28588270
- Jiang YH et al. Cardiac Dysregulation and Myocardial Injury in a 6-Hydroxydopamine-Induced Rat Model of Sympathetic Denervation. PLoS One 10:e0133971 (2015). PubMed: 26230083
- Vilahur G et al. Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7315/7316 intake modulates the acute and chronic innate inflammatory response. Eur J Nutr N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25408198