Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IL-10 ELISA Kit
See all IL-10 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 98.69 90% - 109% Serum 96.75 84% - 104% Plasma 95.97 82% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s IL-10 Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of rat IL-10 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for rat IL-10 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-10 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-rat IL-10 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-10 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 140X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-rat IL-10 (lyophilized) 2 vials IL-10 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant rat IL-10 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionInhibits the synthesis of a number of cytokines, including IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-3, TNF and GM-CSF produced by activated macrophages and by helper T-cells.
Tissue specificityProduced by a variety of cell lines, including T-cells, macrophages, mast cells and other cell types.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-10 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
ab100764 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Achi SC et al. Prophylactic effects of probiotic Bifidobacterium spp. in the resolution of inflammation in arthritic rats. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 103:6287-6296 (2019). PubMed: 31168650
- Piao JM et al. MicroRNA-381 Favors Repair of Nerve Injury Through Regulation of the SDF-1/CXCR4 Signaling Pathway via LRRC4 in Acute Cerebral Ischemia after Cerebral Lymphatic Blockage. Cell Physiol Biochem 46:890-906 (2018). PubMed: 29669322
- Yang Y et al. The Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Guchangzhixie-Pill by Reducing Colonic EC Cell Hyperplasia and Serotonin Availability in an Ulcerative Colitis Rat Model. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:8547257 (2017). PubMed: 28845184
- Vilahur G et al. Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7315/7316 intake modulates the acute and chronic innate inflammatory response. Eur J Nutr N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25408198
- Lu HJ et al. Polysaccharides from Liriopes Radix ameliorate streptozotocin-induced type I diabetic nephropathy via regulating NF-?B and p38 MAPK signaling pathways. BMC Complement Altern Med 14:156 (2014). PubMed: 24886259
- Chen WC et al. Wound repair and anti-inflammatory potential of Lonicera japonica in excision wound-induced rats. BMC Complement Altern Med 12:226 (2012). PubMed: 23173654