Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IL-10 ELISA Kit
See all IL-10 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 142.1 133% - 149% Tissue Extracts 138.7 127% - 146%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s IL-10 Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of rat IL-10 in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for rat IL-10 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-10 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-rat IL-10 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-10 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 140X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-rat IL-10 (lyophilized) 2 vials IL-10 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant rat IL-10 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionInhibits the synthesis of a number of cytokines, including IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-3, TNF and GM-CSF produced by activated macrophages and by helper T-cells.
Tissue specificityProduced by a variety of cell lines, including T-cells, macrophages, mast cells and other cell types.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-10 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
ab100765 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Hassan I et al. Copper Mediates Anti-Inflammatory and Antifibrotic Activity of Gleevec in Hepatocellular Carcinoma-Induced Male Rats. Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2019:9897315 (2019). PubMed: 30941331
- Fahmi AA et al. Chemical composition and protective role of Pulicaria undulata (L.) C.A. Mey. subsp. undulata against gastric ulcer induced by ethanol in rats. Heliyon 5:e01359 (2019). PubMed: 30957042
- Hellenbrand DJ et al. Sustained interleukin-10 delivery reduces inflammation and improves motor function after spinal cord injury. J Neuroinflammation 16:93 (2019). PubMed: 31039819
- Fahmi AA et al. Pulicaria crispa mitigates gastric ulcer induced by ethanol in rats: Role of treatment and auto healing. Biomarkers N/A:1-32 (2018). PubMed: 30512969
- Wang C et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 exhibits therapeutic benefits for osteonecrosis of the femoral head through induction of cartilage and bone cells. Exp Ther Med 15:4298-4308 (2018). PubMed: 29849774