Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat KIM-1 TIM-1 ELISA Kit
See all TIM 1 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s rat KIM-1 (TIM-1) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of rat KIM-1 (TIM-1) in cell culture supernatants, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA) and urine.
A KIM-1 (TIM-1) specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for KIM-1 (TIM-1) is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the rat KIM-1 (TIM-1) amount of sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-rat KIM-1 antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 100µl Biotinylated anti-rat KIM-1 antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant rat KIM-1 standard 2 x 10ng Plate Seal 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionMay play a role in T-helper cell development and the regulation of asthma and allergic diseases. Receptor for TIMD4 (By similarity). In case of human hepatitis A virus (HHAV) infection, functions as a cell-surface receptor for the virus. May play a role in kidney injury and repair.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels in kidney and testis. Expressed by activated CD4+ T-cells during the development of helper T-cells responses.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. TIM family.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- HAVCR 1
ab119597 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Almeer RS et al. Royal jelly attenuates cadmium-induced nephrotoxicity in male mice. Sci Rep 9:5825 (2019). PubMed: 30967588
- Joshi MD et al. Evaluation of Fetal and Maternal Vancomycin-Induced Kidney Injury during Pregnancy in a Rat Model. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 63:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31332061
- Perales-Quintana MM et al. Metabolomic and biochemical characterization of a new model of the transition of acute kidney injury to chronic kidney disease induced by folic acid. PeerJ 7:e7113 (2019). PubMed: 31275747
- Lin Z et al. Fish oils protects against cecal ligation and puncture-induced septic acute kidney injury via the regulation of inflammation, oxidative stress and apoptosis. Int J Mol Med 44:1771-1780 (2019). PubMed: 31545434
- Wang Y et al. Cinnabar-induced subchronic renal injury is associated with increased apoptosis in rats. Biomed Res Int 2015:278931 (2015). Rat . PubMed: 25629042