Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 78 pg/ml - 5000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat Lipocalin-2 ELISA Kit (NGAL)
See all Lipocalin-2 / NGAL kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range78 pg/ml - 5000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human, Pig
Abcam’s rat Lipocalin-2 (NGAL) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of rat Lipocalin-2 in cell culture supernatants, serum plasma (heparin) and urine.
A Lipocalin-2 specific mouse monoclonal antibody for Lipocalin-2 has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for Lipocalin-2 is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the rat Lipocalin-2 amount of sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-rat Lipocalin-2 antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-rat Lipocalin-2 antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant rat Lipocalin-2 standard 2 x 10ng Plate Seal 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionIron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and in tissues that are prone to exposure to microorganism. High expression is found in bone marrow as well as in uterus, prostate, salivary gland, stomach, appendix, colon, trachea and lung. Not found in the small intestine or peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Upon binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, it is internalized.
- Information by UniProt
- 25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin related subunit of MMP-9
- 25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related subunit of MMP-9
ab119602 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Moser MAJ et al. Protection of the transplant kidney during cold perfusion with doxycycline: proteomic analysis in a rat model. Proteome Sci 18:3 (2020). PubMed: 32336955
- Perales-Quintana MM et al. Metabolomic and biochemical characterization of a new model of the transition of acute kidney injury to chronic kidney disease induced by folic acid. PeerJ 7:e7113 (2019). PubMed: 31275747
- Lin Z et al. Fish oils protects against cecal ligation and puncture-induced septic acute kidney injury via the regulation of inflammation, oxidative stress and apoptosis. Int J Mol Med 44:1771-1780 (2019). PubMed: 31545434
- Tang W et al. Lipocalin 2 Suppresses Ocular Inflammation by Inhibiting the Activation of NF-?ß Pathway in Endotoxin-Induced Uveitis. Cell Physiol Biochem 46:375-388 (2018). PubMed: 29590655
- Sims CA et al. Supplemental arginine vasopressin during the resuscitation of severe hemorrhagic shock preserves renal mitochondrial function. PLoS One 12:e0186339 (2017). Functional Studies ; Rat . PubMed: 29065123