Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 15 pg/ml
- Range: 24.67 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat MCP1 ELISA Kit (CCL2)
See all MCP1 kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
Range24.67 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell Lysate 93.73 84% - 105% Tissue Lysate 92.75 83% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s MCP1 Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat MCP1 in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for rat MCP1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipette into the wells and MCP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-rat MCP1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MCP1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-rat MCP1 (lyophilized) 2 vials MCP1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant rat MCP1 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionChemotactic factor that attracts monocytes and basophils but not neutrophils or eosinophils. Augments monocyte anti-tumor activity. Has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis. May be involved in the recruitment of monocytes into the arterial wall during the disease process of atherosclerosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsProcessing at the N-terminus can regulate receptor and target cell selectivity. Deletion of the N-terminal residue converts it from an activator of basophil to an eosinophil chemoattractant.
- Information by UniProt
- C-C motif chemokine 2
ab100778 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Mahmoud NM & Kabil SL Pioglitazone abrogates testicular damage induced by testicular torsion/detorsion in rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 22:884-892 (2019). PubMed: 31579444
- Jensen VS et al. Dietary fat stimulates development of NAFLD more potently than dietary fructose in Sprague-Dawley rats. Diabetol Metab Syndr 10:4 (2018). PubMed: 29410708
- Gu R et al. A Synthesized Glucocorticoid- Induced Leucine Zipper Peptide Inhibits Retinal Müller Cell Gliosis. Front Pharmacol 9:331 (2018). PubMed: 29681857
- Reiter J et al. Stromal derived factor-1 mediates the lung regenerative effects of mesenchymal stem cells in a rodent model of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Respir Res 18:137 (2017). PubMed: 28701189
- Murphy CJ et al. Age- and species-dependent infiltration of macrophages into the testis of rats and mice exposed to mono-(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP). Biol Reprod 91:18 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 24876407