Product nameRat NMDAR1 peptide
See all NMDAR1 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17568 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-NMDAR1 antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab17345)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit zeta-1
- Glutamate receptor ionotropic N methyl D aspartate 1
FunctionNMDA receptor subtype of glutamate-gated ion channels with high calcium permeability and voltage-dependent sensitivity to magnesium. Mediated by glycine. This protein plays a key role in synaptic plasticity, synaptogenesis, excitotoxicity, memory acquisition and learning. It mediates neuronal functions in glutamate neurotransmission. Is involved in the cell surface targeting of NMDA receptors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.10.1) family. NR1/GRIN1 subfamily.
modificationsNMDA is probably regulated by C-terminal phosphorylation of an isoform of NR1 by PKC. Dephosphorylated on Ser-897 probably by protein phosphatase 2A (PPP2CB). Its phosphorylated state is influenced by the formation of the NMDAR-PPP2CB complex and the NMDAR channel activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane > postsynaptic density. Enriched in post-synaptic plasma membrane and post-synaptic densities.
- Information by UniProt
ab17568 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.