Product nameRat TRPA1 peptide
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19805 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ANKTM 1
- Ankyrin-like with transmembrane domains protein 1
FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective cation channel involved in detection of pain and possibly also in cold perception and inner ear function. Has a central role in the pain response to endogenous inflammatory mediators and to a diverse array of volatile irritants, such as mustard oil, garlic and acrolein, an irritant from tears gas and vehicule exhaust fumes. Acts also as a ionotropic cannabinoid receptor by being activated by delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive component of marijuana. Not involved in menthol sensation. May be a component for the mechanosensitive transduction channel of hair cells in inner ear, thereby participating in the perception of sounds. Probably operated by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system.
Tissue specificityExpressed at very low level. Expressed at very low level in human fibroblasts and at a moderate level in liposarcoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family.
Contains 15 ANK repeats.
- Information by UniProt
ab19805 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.