Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 0.82 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat VEGF ELISA Kit
See all VEGFA kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range0.82 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 92.67 81% - 102% Tissue Extracts 94.34 82% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s VEGF Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat VEGF in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat VEGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and VEGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat VEGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of VEGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 120X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-rat VEGF (lyophilized) 2 vials Recombinant rat VEGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml VEGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
- Folliculostellate cell-derived growth factor
- Glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen
ab100787 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- McMahon D et al. Investigating the effects of dexamethasone on blood-brain barrier permeability and inflammatory response following focused ultrasound and microbubble exposure. Theranostics 10:1604-1618 (2020). PubMed: 32042325
- Wattanathorn J et al. Anticataractogenesis and Antiretinopathy Effects of the Novel Protective Agent Containing the Combined Extract of Mango and Vietnamese Coriander in STZ-Diabetic Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017:5290161 (2017). PubMed: 28904737
- Zhang Y et al. Inhibition of soluble epoxide hydrolase augments astrocyte release of vascular endothelial growth factor and neuronal recovery after oxygen-glucose deprivation. J Neurochem 140:814-825 (2017). PubMed: 28002622
- Lee EK et al. Melissa officinalis extract inhibits laser-induced choroidal neovascularization in a rat model. PLoS One 9:e110109 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 25314292