Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Rb (phospho S795)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Rb (phospho S795) antibody
See all Rb primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Rb (phospho S795)
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Rb only when phosphorylated at serine 795
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Rb around the phosphorylation site of serine 795 (P-S-SP-P-L)
- WB: Extracts from K562 cells. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue. ICC/IF: Formaldehyde fixed WERI cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47474 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 106 kDa.|
FunctionKey regulator of entry into cell division that acts as a tumor suppressor. Promotes G0-G1 transition when phosphorylated by CDK3/cyclin-C. Acts as a transcription repressor of E2F1 target genes. The underphosphorylated, active form of RB1 interacts with E2F1 and represses its transcription activity, leading to cell cycle arrest. Directly involved in heterochromatin formation by maintaining overall chromatin structure and, in particular, that of constitutive heterochromatin by stabilizing histone methylation. Recruits and targets histone methyltransferases SUV39H1, KMT5B and KMT5C, leading to epigenetic transcriptional repression. Controls histone H4 'Lys-20' trimethylation. Inhibits the intrinsic kinase activity of TAF1. Mediates transcriptional repression by SMARCA4/BRG1 by recruiting a histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex to the c-FOS promoter. In resting neurons, transcription of the c-FOS promoter is inhibited by BRG1-dependent recruitment of a phospho-RB1-HDAC1 repressor complex. Upon calcium influx, RB1 is dephosphorylated by calcineurin, which leads to release of the repressor complex (By similarity). In case of viral infections, interactions with SV40 large T antigen, HPV E7 protein or adenovirus E1A protein induce the disassembly of RB1-E2F1 complex thereby disrupting RB1's activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the retina.
Involvement in diseaseChildhood cancer retinoblastoma
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the retinoblastoma protein (RB) family.
DomainThe Pocket domain binds to the threonine-phosphorylated domain C, thereby preventing interaction with heterodimeric E2F/DP transcription factor complexes.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CDK6 and CDK4, and subsequently by CDK2 at Ser-567 in G1, thereby releasing E2F1 which is then able to activate cell growth. Dephosphorylated at the late M phase. SV40 large T antigen, HPV E7 and adenovirus E1A bind to the underphosphorylated, active form of pRb. Phosphorylation at Thr-821 and Thr-826 promotes interaction between the C-terminal domain C and the Pocket domain, and thereby inhibits interactions with heterodimeric E2F/DP transcription factor complexes. Dephosphorylated at Ser-795 by calcineruin upon calcium stimulation. CDK3/cyclin-C-mediated phosphorylation at Ser-807 and Ser-811 is required for G0-G1 transition. Phosphorylated by CDK1 and CDK2 upon TGFB1-mediated apoptosis.
N-terminus is methylated by METTL11A/NTM1 (By similarity). Monomethylation at Lys-810 by SMYD2 enhances phosphorylation at Ser-807 and Ser-811, and promotes cell cycle progression. Monomethylation at Lys-860 by SMYD2 promotes interaction with L3MBTL1.
Acetylation at Lys-873 and Lys-874 regulates subcellular localization, at least during keratinocytes differentiation.
- Information by UniProt
- Exon 17 tumor GOS561 substitution mutation causes premature stop antibody
- GOS563 exon 17 substitution mutation causes premature stop antibody
- OSRC antibody
All lanes : Anti-Rb (phospho S795) antibody (ab47474) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from K562 cells treated with 10% serum after 48 hours of starvation
Lane 2 : Extracts from K562 cells
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 106 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue in the presence (right) and absence (left) of synthetic peptide, using ab47474 at a 1/50 dilution.
ab47474 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Gong Y et al. Circ-ZEB1.33 promotes the proliferation of human HCC by sponging miR-200a-3p and upregulating CDK6. Cancer Cell Int 18:116 (2018). PubMed: 30123094
- Li X et al. Circular RNA circPVT1 Promotes Proliferation and Invasion Through Sponging miR-125b and Activating E2F2 Signaling in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem 51:2324-2340 (2018). PubMed: 30537738
- Bacevic K et al. Spatial competition constrains resistance to targeted cancer therapy. Nat Commun 8:1995 (2017). PubMed: 29222471
- Bacevic K et al. Cdk2 strengthens the intra-S checkpoint and counteracts cell cycle exit induced by DNA damage. Sci Rep 7:13429 (2017). PubMed: 29044141
- Kulkarni A et al. The antiviral cytokine interferon-gamma restricts neural stem/progenitor cell proliferation through activation of STAT1 and modulation of retinoblastoma protein phosphorylation. J Neurosci Res 95:1582-1601 (2017). PubMed: 27862183
- Håland TW et al. Simultaneous measurement of passage through the restriction point and MCM loading in single cells. Nucleic Acids Res 43:e150 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26250117
- Zhu P et al. GPER mediates the inhibitory actions of estrogen on adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells through perturbation of mitotic clonal expansion. Gen Comp Endocrinol 193C:19-26 (2013). PubMed: 23871778
- Ali S et al. The development of a selective cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor that shows antitumor activity. Cancer Res 69:6208-15 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19638587