Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5351] to Rb (phospho T826)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Rb (phospho T826) antibody [EPR5351]
See all Rb primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5351] to Rb (phospho T826)
SpecificityThis antibody only detects Rb phosphorylated at Threonine 826.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to a region surrounding Threonine 826 of Human Rb.
- Jurkat cell lysate treated with FBS.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 9.20 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133446 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 106 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionKey regulator of entry into cell division that acts as a tumor suppressor. Promotes G0-G1 transition when phosphorylated by CDK3/cyclin-C. Acts as a transcription repressor of E2F1 target genes. The underphosphorylated, active form of RB1 interacts with E2F1 and represses its transcription activity, leading to cell cycle arrest. Directly involved in heterochromatin formation by maintaining overall chromatin structure and, in particular, that of constitutive heterochromatin by stabilizing histone methylation. Recruits and targets histone methyltransferases SUV39H1, KMT5B and KMT5C, leading to epigenetic transcriptional repression. Controls histone H4 'Lys-20' trimethylation. Inhibits the intrinsic kinase activity of TAF1. Mediates transcriptional repression by SMARCA4/BRG1 by recruiting a histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex to the c-FOS promoter. In resting neurons, transcription of the c-FOS promoter is inhibited by BRG1-dependent recruitment of a phospho-RB1-HDAC1 repressor complex. Upon calcium influx, RB1 is dephosphorylated by calcineurin, which leads to release of the repressor complex (By similarity). In case of viral infections, interactions with SV40 large T antigen, HPV E7 protein or adenovirus E1A protein induce the disassembly of RB1-E2F1 complex thereby disrupting RB1's activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the retina.
Involvement in diseaseChildhood cancer retinoblastoma
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the retinoblastoma protein (RB) family.
DomainThe Pocket domain binds to the threonine-phosphorylated domain C, thereby preventing interaction with heterodimeric E2F/DP transcription factor complexes.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CDK6 and CDK4, and subsequently by CDK2 at Ser-567 in G1, thereby releasing E2F1 which is then able to activate cell growth. Dephosphorylated at the late M phase. SV40 large T antigen, HPV E7 and adenovirus E1A bind to the underphosphorylated, active form of pRb. Phosphorylation at Thr-821 and Thr-826 promotes interaction between the C-terminal domain C and the Pocket domain, and thereby inhibits interactions with heterodimeric E2F/DP transcription factor complexes. Dephosphorylated at Ser-795 by calcineruin upon calcium stimulation. CDK3/cyclin-C-mediated phosphorylation at Ser-807 and Ser-811 is required for G0-G1 transition. Phosphorylated by CDK1 and CDK2 upon TGFB1-mediated apoptosis.
N-terminus is methylated by METTL11A/NTM1 (By similarity). Monomethylation at Lys-810 by SMYD2 enhances phosphorylation at Ser-807 and Ser-811, and promotes cell cycle progression. Monomethylation at Lys-860 by SMYD2 promotes interaction with L3MBTL1.
Acetylation at Lys-873 and Lys-874 regulates subcellular localization, at least during keratinocytes differentiation.
- Information by UniProt
- Exon 17 tumor GOS561 substitution mutation causes premature stop antibody
- GOS563 exon 17 substitution mutation causes premature stop antibody
- OSRC antibody
All lanes : Anti-Rb (phospho T826) antibody [EPR5351] (ab133446) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate treated with FBS.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 106 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab133446 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Martinez-Soria N et al. The Oncogenic Transcription Factor RUNX1/ETO Corrupts Cell Cycle Regulation to Drive Leukemic Transformation. Cancer Cell 34:626-642.e8 (2018). PubMed: 30300583
- Sawa A et al. Effects of sorafenib and an adenylyl cyclase activator on in vitro growth of well-differentiated thyroid cancer cells. Endocr J 64:1115-1123 (2017). PubMed: 28855436
- Colleoni B et al. JNKs function as CDK4-activating kinases by phosphorylating CDK4 and p21. Oncogene 36:4349-4361 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28368408
- Alves CL et al. High CDK6 Protects Cells from Fulvestrant-Mediated Apoptosis and is a Predictor of Resistance to Fulvestrant in Estrogen Receptor-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 22:5514-5526 (2016). PubMed: 27252418
- Iwahori S et al. Molecular Determinants for the Inactivation of the Retinoblastoma Tumor Suppressor by the Viral Cyclin-dependent Kinase UL97. J Biol Chem 290:19666-80 (2015). PubMed: 26100623