Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RbAp46
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesRetinoblastoma protein (Rb) associated protein 46 (RbAp 46) is a nuclear protein that has been shown to interact directly with retinoblastoma protein and is a component of the mSin3 corepressor complex as are the histone deacetylase proteins (HDACs). RbAp 46 shares about 75% sequence identity with the closely related RbAp 48, and appears to be functionally related to the yeast MSI 1 protein in that overexpression of RbAp 46 suppresses heat shock sensitivity in a RAS pathway dependent manner. RbAp 46 has also been demonstrated to be up-regulated by the Wilms’ tumor suppressor gene product, WT1. Additionally, cells transfected with RbAp46 have shown strong inhibition of growth.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3535 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47.6 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionCore histone-binding subunit that may target chromatin remodeling factors, histone acetyltransferases and histone deacetylases to their histone substrates in a manner that is regulated by nucleosomal DNA. Component of several complexes which regulate chromatin metabolism. These include the type B histone acetyltransferase (HAT) complex, which is required for chromatin assembly following DNA replication; the core histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex, which promotes histone deacetylation and consequent transcriptional repression; the nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylase complex (the NuRD complex), which promotes transcriptional repression by histone deacetylation and nucleosome remodeling; and the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex, which promotes repression of homeotic genes during development; and the NURF (nucleosome remodeling factor) complex.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat RBAP46/RBAP48/MSI1 family.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- G1/S transition control protein binding protein RbAp46 antibody
- Histone acetyltransferase type B subunit 2 antibody
- Histone binding protein RBBP7 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RbAp46 antibody (ab3535) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Cell extract prepared from DU-145 2 cells
Lane 2 : Cell extract prepared from LNCaP cells
Lane 3 : Cell extract prepared from HepG2 cells
Predicted band size: 47.6 kDa
Western blot of RbAp46 on 1) Du-148 2) LNCaP and 3) Hep-G2 cell extracts using ab3535.
ab3535 staining RbAp46 in Hela cells by Immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence.
ab3535 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Zhang N et al. High expression of EZH2 as a marker for the differential diagnosis of malignant and benign myogenic tumors. Sci Rep 8:12331 (2018). PubMed: 30120321
- Moody RR et al. Probing the interaction between the histone methyltransferase/deacetylase subunit RBBP4/7 and the transcription factor BCL11A in epigenetic complexes. J Biol Chem 293:2125-2136 (2018). PubMed: 29263092
- Link S et al. PWWP2A binds distinct chromatin moieties and interacts with an MTA1-specific core NuRD complex. Nat Commun 9:4300 (2018). PubMed: 30327463
- Hoffmeister H et al. CHD3 and CHD4 form distinct NuRD complexes with different yet overlapping functionality. Nucleic Acids Res 45:10534-10554 (2017). PubMed: 28977666
- Balboula AZ et al. Knockdown of RBBP7 unveils a requirement of histone deacetylation for CPC function in mouse oocytes. Cell Cycle 13:600-11 (2014). PubMed: 24317350