Product nameAnti-RBM3 antibody [EPR6061(2)]
See all RBM3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6061(2)] to RBM3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human RBM3 aa 100-200 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- HepG2 cells; HeLa, HepG2, Jurkat, NIH/3T3 and RAW 264.7 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.50 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- HeLa nuclear extract lysate (ab14655)
- HepG2 cytoplasmic extract lysate (ab14659)
- HepG2 nuclear extract lysate (ab14660)
- Jurkat cytoplasmic extract lysate (ab14842)
- Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- RAW 264.7 whole cell lysate (ab7187)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/20000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.Can be blocked with Human RBM3 peptide (ab188553).|
FunctionCold-inducible mRNA binding protein that enhances global protein synthesis at both physiological and mild hypothermic temperatures. Reduces the relative abundance of microRNAs, when overexpressed. Enhances phosphoryaltion of translation initiation factors and active polysome formation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsArg-105 is dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell projection > dendrite. Localizes in mRNA granules in dentrites.
- Information by UniProt
- 2600016C11Rik antibody
- IS1 RNPL antibody
- MGC105811 antibody
All lanes : Anti-RBM3 antibody [EPR6061(2)] (ab134946) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : RAW 264.7 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH/3T3 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 5 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Standard HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Immunofluorescence staining of HepG2 cells with purified ab134946 at a working dilution of 1/500, counter-stained with DAPI. The secondary antibody was an Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit (ab150077), used at a dilution of 1/1000. The cells were fixed in 4% PFA and permeabilized using 0.1% Triton X 100. The negative control is shown in bottom right hand panel - for the negative control, PBS was used instead of the primary antibody.
ab134946 staining RBM3 in the human cell line HepG2 (human hepatocellular carcinoma) by flow cytometry. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and the sample was incubated with the primary antibody at a dilution of 1/20. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) at a dilution of 1/2000 was used as the secondary antibody.
Isoytype control: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black)
Unlabelled control: Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue)
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
This product has been referenced in:
- Dong W et al. The RNA-binding protein RBM3 promotes cell proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma by regulating circular RNA SCD-circRNA 2 production. EBioMedicine 45:155-167 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31235426) »
- Lei BB et al. Mild Hypothermia Prevents NO-Induced Cytotoxicity in Human Neuroblastoma Cells Via Induction of COX-2. J Mol Neurosci N/A:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30471009) »