Product nameAnti-RBP4 antibody
See all RBP4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RBP4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human RBP4 aa 150 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant Human RBP4 protein (ab59967) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Liver Tissue Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73022 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24195779|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
FunctionDelivers retinol from the liver stores to the peripheral tissues. In plasma, the RBP-retinol complex interacts with transthyretin, this prevents its loss by filtration through the kidney glomeruli.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in RBP4 are a cause of retinol-binding protein deficiency (RBP deficiency) [MIM:180250]. This condition causes night vision problems. It produces a typical 'fundus xerophthalmicus', featuring a progressed atrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- Information by UniProt
- OTTHUMP00000020114 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000020115 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000020116 antibody
Anti-RBP4 antibody (ab73022) at 1 µg/ml + Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889) at 10 µg with 3% Milk
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Observed band size: 23 kDa
Additional bands at: 38 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 3 minutes
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu L et al. Rescue of retinal morphology and function in a humanized mouse at the mouse retinol-binding protein locus. Lab Invest 97:395-408 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28134916) »
- Liu LY et al. Integrating multiple 'omics' analyses identifies serological protein biomarkers for preeclampsia. BMC Med 11:236 (2013). ELISA ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 24195779) »