Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to RecA
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RecA antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RecA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Recombinant full length RecA (Escherichia coli) highly purified by chromatography.
- Extract of E.coli AB1157.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63797 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
RelevanceRecA in E.coli can catalyze the hydrolysis of ATP in the presence of single-stranded DNA, the ATP-dependent uptake of single-stranded DNA by duplex DNA, and the ATP-dependent hybridization of homologous single-stranded DNAs. It interacts with lexA causing its activation and leading to its autocatalytic cleavage.
- DNA strand exchange and recombination protein with protease and nuclease activity antibody
- lexB antibody
- Protein recA antibody
Immunoprecipitation of RecA protein from crudeextract of E. coli cells. 2 μg of ab63797 was adsorbed to proteinA magnetic beads to precipitate RecA protein from supernatant of sonic disrupted E. coli cells. The precipitate was analyzed by western blot.
All lanes : Anti-RecA antibody (ab63797) at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight markers
Lane 2 : Purified RecA
Lane 3 : Extract of E.coli AB1157
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab63797 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Fu L et al. The prokaryotic Argonaute proteins enhance homology sequence-directed recombination in bacteria. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30698806
- Lobanovska M et al. Contribution of s70 and sN Factors to Expression of Class II pilE in Neisseria meningitidis. J Bacteriol 201:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31331980
- Johnson SA et al. Increasing the bactofection capacity of a mammalian expression vector by removal of the f1 ori. Cancer Gene Ther 26:183-194 (2019). PubMed: 30100607
- Hernandez-Doria JD & Sperandio V Bacteriophage Transcription Factor Cro Regulates Virulence Gene Expression in Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. Cell Host Microbe 23:607-617.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29746832
- Cui L et al. A CRISPRi screen in E. coli reveals sequence-specific toxicity of dCas9. Nat Commun 9:1912 (2018). PubMed: 29765036