Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant E. coli RecQ DNA Helicase protein (Active)
Unwinding duplex DNA, dependent on ATP. DNA-dependent ATPase.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Highly purified by several steps of chromatography.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMAQAEVLNLE SGAKQVLQET FGYQQFRPGQ EEIIDTVLSG RDCLVVMPTG GGKSLCYQIP ALLLNGLTVV VSPLISLMKD QVDQLQANGV AAACLNSTQT REQQLEVMTG CRTGQIRLLY IAPERLMLDN FLEHLAHWNP VLLAVDEAHC ISQWGHDFRP EYAALGQLRQ RFPTLPFMAL TATADDTTRQ DIVRLLGLND PLIQISSFDR PNIRYMLMEK FKPLDQLMRY VQEQRGKSGI IYCNSRAKVE DTAARLQSKG ISAAAYHAGL ENNVRADVQE KFQRDDLQIV VATVAFGMGI NKPNVRFVVH FDIPRNIESY YQETGRAGRD GLPAEAMLFY DPADMAWLRR CLEEKPQGQL QDIERHKLNA MGAFAEAQTC RRLVLLNYFG EGRQEPCGNC DICLDPPKQY DGSTDAQIAL STIGRVNQRF GMGYVVEVIR GANNQRIRDY GHDKLKVYGM GRDKSHEHWV SVIRQLIHLG LVTQNIAQHS ALQLTEAARP VLRGESSLQL AVPRIVALKP KAMQKSFGGN YDRKLFAKLR KLRKSIADES NVPPYVVFND ATLIEMAEQM PITASEMLSV NGVGMRKLER FGKPFMALIR AHVDGDDEE
Predicted molecular weight68 kDa
Amino acids1 to 609
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63813 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1) DNA dependent ATPase.
2) DNA helicase specific for various form of DNA structure like branched form and fork.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.38% Potassium chloride, 0.0154% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 0.0292% EDTA, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ATP dependent DNA helicase
- ATP dependent DNA helicase recQ
- DNA helicase
RelevanceRecQ is a DNA helicase, involved in the recF recombination pathway; its gene expression is under the regulation of the SOS system.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic, Bacterial nucleoid, Replisome
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab63813 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Khan I et al. Impact of age-associated cyclopurine lesions on DNA repair helicases. PLoS One 9:e113293 (2014). PubMed: 25409515
- Suhasini AN et al. DNA repair and replication fork helicases are differentially affected by alkyl phosphotriester lesion. J Biol Chem 287:19188-98 (2012). PubMed: 22500020
- Hishida T et al. Role of the Escherichia coli RecQ DNA helicase in SOS signaling and genome stabilization at stalled replication forks. Genes Dev 18:1886-97 (2004). PubMed: 15289460