Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant E. coli slyD protein
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 220 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant SlyD protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab72847 is purified by conventional chromatography.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMKVAKDLVVSLAYQVRTEDGVLVDESPVSAPLDYLHGHGSLISGLETALE GHEVGDKFDVAVGANDAYGQYDENLVQRVPKDVFMGVDELQVGMRFLAET DQGPVPVEITAVEDDHVVVDGNHMLAGQNLKFNVEVVAIREATEEELAHG HVHGAHDHHHDHDHDGCCGGHGHDHGHEHGGEGCCGGKGNGGCGCH
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72847 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituent: 0.242% Tris
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- FKBP type peptidyl prolyl cis trans isomerase slyD
- Histidine rich protein
RelevanceslyD belongs to the FKBP-type PPIase family.Required for lysis of phiX174 infected cells. It binds nickel and zinc with high affinity and 1:1 stoichiometry, copper and cobalt with lower affinity. No binding is detectable for ferrous, ferric, magnesium and calcium ions. The activity of slyD is considerably smaller than the one found in other PPIases with the same substrate. The substrate specificity carried out with 'suc-Ala-Xaa-Pro-Phe-4NA', where Xaa is the AA tested, was found to be Phe > Ala > Leu.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab72847 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.