Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant E. coli SSB protein
See all SSB proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight19 kDa
Amino acids2 to 178
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123224 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
Constituents: 0.02% DTT, 0.32% Tris HCl, 0.03% EDTA, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1.17% Sodium chloride
- Autoantigen La
- La autoantigen
FunctionBinds to the 3' poly(U) terminii of nascent RNA polymerase III transcripts, protecting them from exonuclease digestion and facilitating their folding and maturation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HTH La-type RNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. The phosphorylation sites are at the C-terminal part of the protein.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab123224 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kretov DA et al. YB-1, an abundant core mRNA-binding protein, has the capacity to form an RNA nucleoprotein filament: a structural analysis. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30605522
- Nguyen HD et al. Functions of Replication Protein A as a Sensor of R Loops and a Regulator of RNaseH1. Mol Cell 65:832-847.e4 (2017). Functional Studies . PubMed: 28257700
- Krauss G et al. Escherichia coli single-strand deoxyribonucleic acid binding protein: stability, specificity, and kinetics of complexes with oligonucleotides and deoxyribonucleic acid. Biochemistry 20:5346-52 (1981). PubMed: 7028102
- Weiner JH et al. The deoxyribonucleic acid unwinding protein of Escherichia coli. Properties and functions in replication. J Biol Chem 250:1972-80 (1975). PubMed: 1090613