Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, MS, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant E. coli surA protein
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 450 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant surA protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab99241 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH M APQVVDKVA AVVNNGVVLE SDVDGLMQSV KLNAAQARQQ LPDDATLRHQ IMERLIMDQI ILQMGQKMGV KISDEQLDQA IANIAKQNNM TLDQMRSRLA YDGLNYNTYR NQIRKEMIIS EVRNNEVRRR ITILPQEVES LAQQVGNQND ASTELNLSHI LIPLPENPTS DQVNEAESQA RAIVDQARNG ADFGKLAIAH SADQQALNGG QMGWGRIQEL PGIFAQALST AKKGDIVGPI RSGVGFHILK VNDLRGESKN ISVTEVHARH ILLKPSPIMT DEQARVKLEQ IAADIKSGKT TFAAAAKEFS QDPGSANQGG DLGWATPDIF DPAFRDALTR LNKGQMSAPV HSSFGWHLIE LLDTRNVDKT DAAQKDRAYR MLMNRKFSEE AASWMQEQRA SAYVKILSN
Predicted molecular weight47 kDa
Amino acids21 to 428
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99241 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Chaperone surA
RelevancesurA is a chaperone involved in the correct folding and assembly of outer membrane proteins, such as ompA, ompF and lamB. It recognizes specific patterns of aromatic residues and the orientation of their side chains, which are found more frequently in integral outer membrane proteins. surA may act in both early periplasmic and late outer membrane-associated steps of protein maturation and is essential for the survival of E.coli in stationary phase.
Cellular localizationPeriplasm. Note: Is capable of associating with the outer membrane.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab99241 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.