Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Tags: His-T7 tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant HIV1 Nef protein
See all HIV1 Nef proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
The final product was refolded using temperature shift inclusion body refolding technology and chromatographically purified.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMASMTGGQQMGRGHHHHHHENLYFQGGFGGKWSKSSVIGWPAVRERMRRA EPAADGVGAVSRDLEKHGAITSSNTAANNAACAWLEAQEEEEVGFPVTPQ VPLRPMTYKAAVDLSHFLKEKGGLEGLIHSQRRQDILDLWIYHTQGYFPD WQNYTPGPGVRYPLTFGWCYKLVPVEPDKVEEANKGENTSLLHPVSLHGM DDPEREVLEWRFDSRLAFHHVARELHPEYFKNC
Predicted molecular weight26 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 206
TagsHis-T7 tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence informationDerived from NL4-3 strain and constructed with codon optimization and expressed with a small T7-His-TEV cleavage site Tag (29aa) fusion at its N-terminal.
- Anti-TEV Tag antibody [KT88] (ab179875)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-HIV1 Nef antibody [3F2] (ab25866)
- Anti-HIV1 Nef antibody [3D12] (ab42355)
- Anti-HIV1 Nef antibody [JR6] (ab42358)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9108)
- Anti-T7 tag® antibody (ab9115)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab185584 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituent: 0.32% Tris HCl
Contains NaCl, KCl, EDTA, arginine, DTT and Sucrose.
- C terminal core protein
- F protein
RelevanceNef is a early protein that appears to play a role in optimizing the host cell environment for viral replication without causing cell death by apoptosis. Nef enhances virus infectivity and pathogenicity. It down modulates surface MHC I molecules and internalized molecules are sequested to the trans-Golgi network. The number of cell surface CD4 antigen are decreased by interacting with the Src family kinase LCK thereby inducing LCK CD4 dissociation and by increasing clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab185584 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Yan Q et al. Inhibition of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus lytic replication by HIV-1 Nef and cellular microRNA hsa-miR-1258. J Virol 88:4987-5000 (2014). PubMed: 24554664