Product nameRecombinant HIV1 p17 + p24 protein
Biological activityReacts strongly with human HIV positive serum.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthProtein fragment
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (FITC) (ab30956)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [38/8.7.47] (ab9044)
- Anti-HIV1 p17 antibody [32/5.8.42] (ab9064)
- Anti-HIV1 p17 antibody [2D11] (ab9067)
- Anti-HIV1 p17 antibody [32/1.24.89] (ab9068)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [32/5.17.76] (ab9069)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.1.23] (ab9070)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] (ab9071)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/6.14] (ab9072)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesReacts strongly with human HIV positive serum.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.2% Triton-X-100, 9% Urea, 0.395% Tris HCl, 50% Glycerol
- Capsid protein
- Capsid protein p24
RelevanceHIV1 performs highly complex orchestrated tasks during the assembly, budding, maturation, and infection stages of the viral replication cycle. During viral assembly, the proteins form membrane associations and self-associations that ultimately result in budding of an immature virion from the infected cell. Gag precursors function during viral assembly to selectively bind and package two plus strands of genomic RNA. HIV1 p17 is the matrix protein of the Gag polyprotein. Capsid protein p24 probably forms the conical core of the virus that encapsulates the genomic RNA-nucleocapsid complex.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
ab49081 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.