Product nameRecombinant HIV1 p24 protein
See all HIV1 p24 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab127888 is highly purified by several steps of chromatography.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequencePIVQNLQG QMVHQAISPR TLNAWVKVVE EKAFSPEVIP MFSALSEGAT PQDLNTMLNT VGGHQAAMQM LKETINEEAA EWDRLHPVHA GPIAPGQMRE PRGSDIAGTT STLQEQIGWM THNPPIPVGE IYKRWIILGL NKIVRMYSPT SILDIRQGPK EPFRDYVDRF YKTLRAEQAS QEVKNWMTET LLVQNANPDC KTILKALGPG ATLEEMMTAC QGVGGPGHKA RVL
Predicted molecular weight24 kDa
Amino acids133 to 363
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (FITC) (ab30956)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab53841)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab63913)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody  (ab63958)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [24-2] (ab85536)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [38/8.7.47] (ab9044)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [32/5.17.76] (ab9069)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.1.23] (ab9070)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] (ab9071)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/6.14] (ab9072)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab127888 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional Application Information
1. In Western Blotting as a standard for p24
2. In ELISA assay as a standard in titration of p24 antigen
3. It can be used in the studies of structure and function of HIV-1 virus as it constitutes HIV-1 core as a capsid protein since it is soluble under physiological conditions.
4. In SDS-Page as a p24 marker
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Constituents: 0.078% Beta mercaptoethanol, 0.32% Tris HCl, 50% Glycerol, 0.29% Sodium chloride
- Capsid protein p24
- HIV-1 Gag p24
RelevanceHIV1 performs highly complex orchestrated tasks during the assembly, budding, maturation and infection stages of the viral replication cycle. During viral assembly, the proteins form membrane associations and self-associations that ultimately result in budding of an immature virion from the infected cell. Gag precursors also function during viral assembly to selectively bind and package two plus strands of genomic RNA. Capsid protein p24 probably forms the conical core of the virus that encapsulates the genomic RNA-nucleocapsid complex.
ab127888 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.