Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
Product nameRecombinant HIV1 p24 protein
See all HIV1 p24 proteins and peptides
Biological activityImmunoreactive with all sera of HIV1 infected individuals.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Organic extraction > S-Sepharose > S-300.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequencePIVQN IQGQMVHQAI SPRTLNAWVK VVEEKAFSPE VIPMFSALSE GATPQDLNTM LNTVGGHQAA MQMLKETINE EAAEWDRLHP AHAGPIAPGQ MREPRGSDIA GTTSTLQEQI GWMTNNPPIP VGEIYKRWII LGLNKIVRMY SPSSILDIRQ GPKEPFRDYV DRFYKTLRAE QASQEVKNWM TETLLVQNAN PDCKTILKAL GPAATLEEMM TACQGVGGPG HKARVL
Predicted molecular weight26 kDa
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab19961)
- HRP Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab20365)
- FITC Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab20569)
- Biotin Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab20774)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [38/8.7.47] (ab9044)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.1.23] (ab9070)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/5.4A] (ab9071)
- Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody [39/6.14] (ab9072)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43037 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Immunoreactive with all sera of HIV-1 infected individuals.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 48% Urea, 0.605% Tris
- Capsid protein p24
- HIV-1 Gag p24
RelevanceHIV1 performs highly complex orchestrated tasks during the assembly, budding, maturation and infection stages of the viral replication cycle. During viral assembly, the proteins form membrane associations and self-associations that ultimately result in budding of an immature virion from the infected cell. Gag precursors also function during viral assembly to selectively bind and package two plus strands of genomic RNA. Capsid protein p24 probably forms the conical core of the virus that encapsulates the genomic RNA-nucleocapsid complex.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab43037 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Rosemary Bastian A et al. Mechanism of multivalent nanoparticle encounter with HIV-1 for potency enhancement of peptide triazole virus inactivation. J Biol Chem 290:529-43 (2015). PubMed: 25371202
- Hughes AJ & Herr AE Microfluidic Western blotting. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A : (2012). SDS-PAGE . PubMed: 23223527