Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 85% SDS-PAGE
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: MS, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant Human alpha smooth muscle Actin protein
Purity> 85 % SDS-PAGE.
ab134555 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMGSHMEEEDSTALVCDNGSGLCKAGFAGDD APRAVFPSIVGRPRHQGVMVGMGQKDSYVGDEAQSKRGILTLKYPIEHGI ITNWDDMEKIWHHSFYNELRVAPEEHPTLLTEAPLNPKANREKMTQIMFE TFNVPAMYVAIQAVLSLYASGRTTGIVLDSGDGVTHNVPIYEGYALPHAI MRLDLAGRDLTDYLMKILTERGYSFVTTAEREIVRDIKEKLCYVALDFEN EMATAASSSSLEKSYELPDGQVITIGNERFRCPETLFQPSFIGMESAGIH ETTYNSIMKCDIDIRKDLYANNVLSGGTTMYPGIADRMQKEITALAPSTM KIKIIAPPERKYSVWIGGSILASLSTFQQMWISKQEYDEAGPSIVHRKCF
Predicted molecular weight44 kDa including tags
Amino acids3 to 377
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [4A4] (ab119952)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab21027)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab5694)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab7817)
- FITC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab8211)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9108)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134555 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.88% Sodium chloride
- a actin
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab134555 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Gordon O et al. a-actinin accounts for the bioactivity of actin preparations in inducing STAT target genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30260317