Product nameRecombinant Human BNP protein
See all BNP proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab87200 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MHPLGSPGSA SDLETSGLQE QRNHLQGKLS ELQVEQTSLE PLQESPRPTG VWKSREVATE GIRGHRKMVL YTLRAPRSPK MVQGSGCFGR KMDRISSSSG LGCKVLRRH
- Anti-proBNP antibody [5B6] (ab13111)
- Anti-proBNP antibody [15F11] (ab13115)
- Anti-proBNP antibody [24E11] (HRP) (ab13123)
- Anti-proBNP antibody (ab14352)
- Anti-BNP antibody [24C5] (HRP) (ab14699)
- Anti-proBNP antibody [13G12] (HRP) (ab14712)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-BNP antibody (ab19645)
- Anti-BNP antibody (ab19646)
- Anti-BNP antibody [50E1] (ab20984)
- Anti-proBNP antibody (ab32842)
- Anti-BNP antibody (ab47685)
- Anti-BNP antibody (ab47699)
- Anti-BNP antibody (Biotin) (ab47850)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87200 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
RelevanceBrain natriuretic peptide (BNP) circulates in blood as a peptide hormone with natriuretic, vasodilatory and renin inhibitory properties. BNP is secreted predominantly by the left ventricular myocytes in response to volume expansion and pressure overload. BNP belongs to a family of structurally similar peptide hormones, which includes atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), BNP, C type natriuretic peptide (CNP) and urodilatin. These peptides are characterized by a common 17 amino acid ring structure with a disulfide bond between two cystein residues. This ring structure shows high homology between different natriuretic peptides (eleven of the 17 amino acid residues are homologous in the ring of each of the natriuretic peptides). BNP is a 32 amino acid peptide with disulfide bond between the cysteine residues Cys10 and Cys26. In earlier studies it has been demonstrated that BNP concentration in blood increases with the severity of congestive heart failure. Quantitative measurement of BNP in blood provides an objective indicator of congestive heart failure severity.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab87200 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.