Product nameRecombinant Human c-Myc protein
See all c-Myc proteins and peptides
Purity= 95 % n/a.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMPLNVSFTNRNYDLDYDSVQPYFYCDEEE NFYQQQQQSELQPPAPSEDIWKKFELLPTPPLSPSRRSGLCSPSYVAVTP FSLRGDND GGGGSFSTADQLEMVTELLGGDMVNQSFICDPDDETFIKNIIIQDCMWSG FSAAAKLV SEKLASYQAARKDSGSPNPARGHSVCSTSSLYLQDLSAAASECIDPSVVF PYPLNDSS SPKSCASQDSSAFSPSSDSLLSSTESSPQGSPEPLVLHEETPPTTSSDSE EEQEDEEE IDVVSVEKRQAPGKRSESGSPSAGGHSKPPHSPLVLKRCHVSTHQHNYAA PPSTRKDY PAAKRVKLDSVRVLRQISNNRKCTSPRSSDTEENVKRRTHNVLERQRRNE LKRSFFAL RDQIPELENNEKAPKVVILKKATAYILSVQAEEQKLISEEDLLRKRREQL KHKLEQLR NSCA
Predicted molecular weight50 kDa
Amino acids1 to 439
TagsHis tag C-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84132 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: Potassium chloride, 0.0154% DTT, Tris HCl, EDTA, 20% Glycerol
Protein is stored in 20 mM Tris-Cl (pH 7.5), 20% Glycerol, 100 mM KCl, 1 mM DTT and 0.2 mM EDTA.
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog
FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab84132 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Morel M et al. The F-box protein FBXL16 up-regulates the stability of C-MYC oncoprotein by antagonizing the activity of the F-box protein FBW7. J Biol Chem 295:7970-7980 (2020). PubMed: 32345600
- Favia A et al. The Protein Arginine Methyltransferases 1 and 5 affect Myc properties in glioblastoma stem cells. Sci Rep 9:15925 (2019). PubMed: 31685892
- Wang Z et al. lncRNA Epigenetic Landscape Analysis Identifies EPIC1 as an Oncogenic lncRNA that Interacts with MYC and Promotes Cell-Cycle Progression in Cancer. Cancer Cell 33:706-720.e9 (2018). PubMed: 29622465
- Felsenstein KM et al. Small Molecule Microarrays Enable the Identification of a Selective, Quadruplex-Binding Inhibitor of MYC Expression. ACS Chem Biol 11:139-48 (2016). PubMed: 26462961
- Tremblay R et al. The development of a high-yield recombinant protein bioreactor through RNAi induced knockdown of ATP/ADP transporter in Solanum tuberosum. J Biotechnol 156:59-66 (2011). PubMed: 21864587