Product nameRecombinant Human c-Myc protein
See all c-Myc proteins and peptides
Protein lengthFull length protein
Amino Acid Sequence
Amino acids1 to 439
- Anti-c-Myc antibody (ab11917)
- Anti-c-Myc antibody (ab19233)
- Anti-c-Myc (phospho T58) antibody (ab28842)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - ChIP Grade (ab32)
- Anti-c-Myc antibody [Y69] (ab32072)
- Anti-c-Myc antibody (ab39688)
- Anti-c-Myc (phospho S62) antibody (ab51156)
- Anti-c-Myc antibody [9E11] - ChIP Grade (ab56)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84132 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The c-Myc protein has a His-tag and is purified by nickel affinity column.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: Potassium chloride, 0.0154% DTT, Tris HCl, EDTA, 20% Glycerol
Protein is stored in 20 mM Tris-Cl (pH 7.5), 20% Glycerol, 100 mM KCl, 1 mM DTT and 0.2 mM EDTA.
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog
FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang Z et al. lncRNA Epigenetic Landscape Analysis Identifies EPIC1 as an Oncogenic lncRNA that Interacts with MYC and Promotes Cell-Cycle Progression in Cancer. Cancer Cell 33:706-720.e9 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29622465) »
- Tremblay R et al. The development of a high-yield recombinant protein bioreactor through RNAi induced knockdown of ATP/ADP transporter in Solanum tuberosum. J Biotechnol 156:59-66 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21864587) »