Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Purity: > 85% Densitometry
- Active: Yes
- Tags: GST tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: WB, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human CaMKII delta protein
The specific activity of ab84552 was determined to be 5860 nmol/min/mg.
Purity> 85 % Densitometry.
Expression systemBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight82 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 499
TagsGST tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84552 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab188554 (CaMKII peptide) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing Kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.0038% EGTA, 0.00174% PMSF, 0.00385% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.00292% EDTA, 25% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase 2 delta
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase II delta
- calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaM kinase) II delta
FunctionCaM-kinase II (CAMK2) is a prominent kinase in the central nervous system that may function in long-term potentiation and neurotransmitter release.
Tissue specificityExpressed in cardiac muscle and skeletal muscle. Isoform Delta 3, isoform Delta 2, isoform Delta 8 and isoform Delta 9 are expressed in cardiac muscle. Isoform Delta 11 is expressed in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
ab84552 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Prakash O et al. CPVT-associated calmodulin variants N53I and A102V dysregulate Ca2+ signalling via different mechanisms. J Cell Sci 135:N/A (2022). PubMed: 34888671
- Morgenstern J et al. Phosphorylation of T107 by CamKIId Regulates the Detoxification Efficiency and Proteomic Integrity of Glyoxalase 1. Cell Rep 32:108160 (2020). PubMed: 32966793