Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Purity: > 75% Densitometry
- Active: Yes
- Tags: GST tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: WB, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human Cdk4 + Cyclin D1 protein
Specific Activity is lot specific. Please contact our technical team to get lot specific information.
Purity> 75 % Densitometry.
Expression systemBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
TagsGST tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence informationMW: Cdk4 = 57 kDa and CyclinD1 = 61 kDa.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notes14nmol/min/mg using protein substrate Rb (773-928).
ab56270 (Human Rb protein fragment) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing Kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.0038% EGTA, 0.00174% PMSF, 0.00385% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.00292% EDTA, 25% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- B cell CLL lymphoma 1
- BCL 1 oncogene
RelevanceCDK4 is a member of the cyclin-dependent protein kinase family and is involved in the control of cell proliferation during the G1 phase. Phosphorylation at Thr-172 is necessary for enzymatic activity. CDK4 mutations are involved in tumor formation, with defects in CDK4 resulting in cutaneous malignant melanoma 3 (CMM3). Cyclin D1 is essential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S transition. It interacts with the CDK4 and CDK6 protein kinases to form a serine/threonine kinase holoenzyme complex. The cyclin subunit imparts substrate specificity to the complex.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab55695 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- McCann JL et al. The DNA deaminase APOBEC3B interacts with the cell-cycle protein CDK4 and disrupts CDK4-mediated nuclear import of Cyclin D1. J Biol Chem 294:12099-12111 (2019). PubMed: 31217276
- Wang Y et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of pyrimidine derivatives as novel CDK2 inhibitors that induce apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in breast cancer cells. Bioorg Med Chem 26:3491-3501 (2018). PubMed: 29853338
- Wang H et al. The metabolic function of cyclin D3-CDK6 kinase in cancer cell survival. Nature 546:426-430 (2017). PubMed: 28607489
- Kondo E et al. Tumour lineage-homing cell-penetrating peptides as anticancer molecular delivery systems. Nat Commun 3:951 (2012). PubMed: 22805558
- Cho HS et al. RB1 methylation by SMYD2 enhances cell cycle progression through an increase of RB1 phosphorylation. Neoplasia 14:476-86 (2012). PubMed: 22787429
- Nakajima K et al. Coordinated regulation of differentiation and proliferation of embryonic cardiomyocytes by a jumonji (Jarid2)-cyclin D1 pathway. Development 138:1771-82 (2011). PubMed: 21447557