Product nameRecombinant human Cyclophilin A protein (Active)
See all Cyclophilin A proteins and peptides
Specific activity is >650 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 nmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 37°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant Cyclophilin A protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MVNPTVFFDI AVDGEPLGRV SFELFADKVP KTAENFRALS TGEKGFGYKG SCFHRIIPGF MCQGGDFTRH NGTGGKSIYG EKFEDENFIL KHTGPGILSM ANAGPNTNGS QFFICTAKTE WLDGKHVVFG KVKEGMNIVE AMERFGSRNG KTSKKITIAD CGQLE
Predicted molecular weight20 kDa
Amino acids1 to 165
Additional sequence information(NP_066953)
Matched antibody pairs
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86219 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
MW confirme by MALDI-TOF.
Concentration determined by Bradford assay.
Endotoxin levels determined by LAL method.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.116% Sodium chloride, 10% Glycerol, 0.242% Tris, 0.0077% DTT
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Cyclophilin A
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins. It catalyzes the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclophilin-type PPIase family. PPIase A subfamily.
Contains 1 PPIase cyclophilin-type domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab86219 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Cheng F et al. Cyclophilin A Protects Cardiomyocytes against Hypoxia/Reoxygenation-Induced Apoptosis via the AKT/Nox2 Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:2717986 (2019). PubMed: 31182989
- Pahk K et al. SP-8356, a Novel Inhibitor of CD147-Cyclophilin A Interactions, Reduces Plaque Progression and Stabilizes Vulnerable Plaques in apoE-Deficient Mice. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31877775
- Sánchez JA et al. Spongionella Secondary Metabolites, Promising Modulators of Immune Response through CD147 Receptor Modulation. Front Immunol 7:452 (2016). PubMed: 27822214
- Eade CR et al. HIV-Enhancing Factors Are Secreted by Reproductive Epithelia upon Inoculation with Bacterial Vaginosis-Associated Bacteria. Protein Pept Lett 22:672-80 (2015). PubMed: 25751267