Product nameRecombinant Human Cytokeratin 18 protein
See all Cytokeratin 18 proteins and peptides
Protein lengthFull length protein
Amino Acid Sequence
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [E431-1] (ab32118)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody (ab52948)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [C-04] (ab668)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DA-7] (ab669)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DC 10] (ab7797)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [RGE53] (ab9217)
- Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [DEK-18] (ab9387)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53663 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
ab53663 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.