Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: >= 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 0.010 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: WB, Cellular Activation, SDS-PAGE, HPLC
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Optimal bioactivity
- Guaranteed identical to human native proteins
- >95% purity
- Ultra-low endotoxin levels: <0.005 Eu/µg
- Carrier and tag free
Product nameRecombinant human EGF protein (Animal Free)
See all EGF proteins and peptides
The ED50,as determined by a cell proliferation assay using balb/c 3T3 cells, is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
Purity>= 98 % SDS-PAGE.
Sterile filtered. Greater than 98% pure by HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level< 0.010 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceNSDSECPLSH DGYCLHDGVC MYIEALDKYA CNCVVGYIGE RCQYRDLKWW ELR
Predicted molecular weight6 kDa
Amino acids971 to 1023
Additional sequence informationab9697 is a globular protein containing 53 amino acid residues, including 2 intramolecular disulfide bonds.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9697 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesManufactured using all non-animal reagents.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in 500ul sterile filtered water to a concentration of 1mg/ml.
- Beta urogastrone
FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6. Can induce neurite outgrowth in motoneurons of the pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis in vitro (PubMed:10964941).
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseHypomagnesemia 4
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
modificationsO-glycosylated with core 1-like and core 2-like glycans. It is uncertain if Ser-954 or Thr-955 is O-glycosylated. The modification here shows glycan heterogeneity: HexHexNAc (major) and Hex2HexNAc2 (minor).
- Information by UniProt
All lanes :
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate of human skin fibroblasts starved overnight in serum-free medium
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate of human skin fibroblasts starved overnight in serum-free medium and then incubated for 30 min with 25 ng/ml active EGF
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate of human skin fibroblasts starved overnight in serum-free medium and then incubated for 30 min with 50 ng/ml active EGF
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : An HRP-conjugatede Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 42,44 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 second
Blocking Step: 5% milk for 1 hour at 25°C
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma cell line) cells labeling EGFR with ab9697 at 1/100, 3 μg/ml. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100. ab150077, a AlexaFluor®488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody at 1/1000, 2 μg/ml. Cells were counterstained with ab195889, anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) at 1/200, 2.5 μg/ml. Nuclear stain was DAPI (blue).
The green staining on the membrane was increased in the EGF (100ng/ml, 10min) treated A431 cells when compared with A431 cells without treatment. After LP treatment, the green signaling was obviously decreased.
For the pan antibody, there was no great difference after EGF (100ng/ml, 10min) or EGF (100ng/ml, 10min) + LP treatment. The data showed mostly membranous staining.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9697 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Cao X et al. Alt-RPL36 downregulates the PI3K-AKT-mTOR signaling pathway by interacting with TMEM24. Nat Commun 12:508 (2021). PubMed: 33479206
- Cui N et al. Hexokinase 2 Promotes Cell Growth and Tumor Formation Through the Raf/MEK/ERK Signaling Pathway in Cervical Cancer. Front Oncol 10:581208 (2020). PubMed: 33324557
- Deng QF et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 mediates gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer through the EGFR/PI3K/AKT axis. J Cancer 11:3667-3674 (2020). PubMed: 32284763
- Zheng H et al. Tropomodulin 3 modulates EGFR-PI3K-AKT signaling to drive hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis. Mol Carcinog 58:1897-1907 (2019). PubMed: 31313392
- Yuan H et al. Long noncoding RNA LINC01089 predicts clinical prognosis and inhibits cell proliferation and invasion through the Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway in breast cancer. Onco Targets Ther 12:4883-4895 (2019). PubMed: 31417284
- Elliyanti A et al. Epidermal Growth Factor and Adenosine Triphosphate Induce Natrium Iodide Symporter Expression in Breast Cancer Cell Lines. Open Access Maced J Med Sci 7:2088-2092 (2019). PubMed: 31456831
- Jong WS et al. Application of an E. coli signal sequence as a versatile inclusion body tag. Microb Cell Fact 16:50 (2017). PubMed: 28320377
- Serrano MJ et al. EMT and EGFR in CTCs cytokeratin negative non-metastatic breast cancer. Oncotarget 5:7486-97 (2014). PubMed: 25277187
- Prasse AA et al. Improvement of an antibody-enzyme coupling yield by enzyme surface supercharging. BMC Biotechnol 14:88 (2014). PubMed: 25326050